Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 announced

It looks like 2015's Dragon Ball Xenoverse is getting a sequel. Namco Bandai released a short teaser for the game, showing that it would release this year for Xbox One, PS4 and PC platforms.

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (May 17, 2016) – BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. the premier publisher of anime videogames today announces DRAGON BALL® XENOVERSE 2, the most expansive Dragon Ball® videogame experience to-date. DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 is currently in development at famed Osaka, Japan based videogame developer DIMPS and will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and STEAM® for PC. DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 is scheduled to launch in the Americas in 2016.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yIlpdRg.png

HYPE

Last edited by BurningDesire,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Many of us fans saw this coming a mile away but still hoped it'd be a different game than just Xenoverse 2. I personally didn't really like Xenoverse so not really excited for X2 either. A sequel to Attack of the Saiyans would be awesome but that's not happening because the money's on Xenoverse's series. :(

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Needs more Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Easily the best game in the series. Not sure why they've yet to recreate the combat rather than ruin it.

Reactions: Meteor7

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Needs more Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Easily the best game in the series. Not sure why they've yet to recreate the combat rather than ruin it.
I agree with tenkaichi 3 being the best as far as dbz arena style fighting games go, It's a really good game. Don't think it is the best dbz fighting game in general though.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Tenkaichi Tag Team (Tenkaichi 3.5) was loads more fun because it allowed to battle two enemies at once and with the mods variety is something that excels at! That said, it doesn't matter that the mods are reskins because the characters in Tenkaichi 3 feel all alike each other without much difference so not a deal-breaker.

PolarKoala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice news, but I'll stick to Dragon Ball: Hyper Dimension on SNES for my Dragon Ball fighting needs. It's spritework is stunning, and the lighting effects are mouth-watering!

Reactions: Chary and cvskid

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
This is nice news, but I'll stick to Dragon Ball: Hyper Dimension on SNES for my Dragon Ball fighting needs. It's spritework is stunning, and the lighting effects are mouth-watering!

Wish they made games like that nowadays.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish they made games like that nowadays.
Most recent good dbz fighting game is dbz extreme butoden for nintendo 3ds. IMO though the last good console dbz fighting game is dbz burst limit. People will complain that the character roster in that game is small but the characters in that game play so differently from each other that it doesn't matter. People who complain about small rosters usually don't play even half of the characters in a game with a large roster.

Last edited by cvskid,
D

Deleted User

It has the potential to be a 10/10 game, just take Xenoverse 1 and fix all the issues/complaints.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious