Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/i-boardrules
QUOTE said:
Please make the topic title you are creating descriptive, clearly reflecting the topic you are addressing. Do not make generic titles such as "Question", "I need help", or in full capitals, with an obscene amount of periods, exclamation marks, question marks, etc. These topics will probably go unnoticed, whereas a topic with a descriptive title will gain more interest.

bigcw99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have acekard2i
downloaded newest loader
and I think I have the newest cheat.db file
I cant play dragon quest past the first battle before the game begins
I dumped the ROM myself so I know its good

All my other games work fine so far

I dont understand the cheat.db but i followed a link and put it in the root of my SD card

Please Help!!!

Thanks In Advance Chuck

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Something could have gone wrong during the WiFi dump so I would just download the BAHAMUT release to ensure the ROM is valid.

Download AKAIO 1.7.1 and copy the "__aio" folder & akmenu4.nds to the root of the MicroSD. Update loaders via WiFI on the AKAIO Menu or manually by downloading loaders here and placing the extracted ak2loader.nds in SD:\__aio\loaders.

bigcw99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks
All of that makes sense to me
But what does bahamut mean?
Also how do you download the loaders is there a homebrew
Sorry I'm a noob.

matt32724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bahamut is the group that dumped the rom
wink.gif

Also the loaders should come with the AKAIO 1.7.1 download so don't worry about those.

To UPDATE the loaders just go to the start menu on the AKAIO menu, hit More, then Wi-Fi update, then choose to update the loader where it says File to Download. Of course this all assumes you have Wi-Fi.

Just now looking at those above posts, hehe.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
matt32724 said:
Bahamut is the group that dumped the rom
wink.gif

Also the loaders should come with the AKAIO 1.7.1 download so don't worry about those.
No that's the wrong. The loaders in the initial release broke DQ9 which is why I asked him to update because Norm fixed it a heartbeat later but the old loader was still included in the initial release. To update loaders via WiFi boot up your Acekard and go to Start --> More --> WiFi. Select to update loaders to the latest. The manual method is stated above.

BAHAMUT is the name of group who dumped the game clean. It is #5018 in the DS release list here at GBATemp & #5076 on other scene sites. Find the download via google, don't ask for links.

bigcw99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone
So far so good
I continued to use my own rom
I must have not the latest loaders
Now is that the best place to find up to date loaders
And what is the best place for cheat.db
Also is the cheat only for cheats or does it have other system files inside it use I don't really care about the cheats but might as well keep it up to date.

nuke888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thing is driving me nut !
I am trying to boot the Euro version installed akaio 1.7.1,updated manually the usrcheat,and via wifi all the rest wifi/loader etc etc,
deleted the previous created save of the game.
But still doesnt work !
It eithers black screens when the first intro goes on(on the bottom right it shows its loading then when it has to actually show the intro the screen stays black)
Or it hangs just right after the first fight !
I am having a nerve break please help !

Nintendo DS Lite flashed with flashme + Acekard 2i last firmware(1.4 dsi proof) Akaio 1.7.1

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
nuke888 said:
This thing is driving me nut !
I am trying to boot the Euro version installed akaio 1.7.1,updated manually the usrcheat,and via wifi all the rest wifi/loader etc etc,
deleted the previous created save of the game.
But still doesnt work !
It eithers black screens when the first intro goes on(on the bottom right it shows its loading then when it has to actually show the intro the screen stays black)
Or it hangs just right after the first fight !
I am having a nerve break please help !

Nintendo DS Lite flashed with flashme + Acekard 2i last firmware(1.4 dsi proof) Akaio 1.7.1

Maybe somethings wrong with your Acekard 2i? Ever had problems with other games?

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think he made the same mistake i did and mistakenly updated 1.7.1 on the loader only, and not the firmware itself (the link to the 1.7.1 firmware on the AKAIO main site's update post isn't very noticeable, in case everyone wanted to know how i made such a noob mistake) or vice-versa. my copy of the DQ9 rom works flawlessly now (the AKAIO staff are miracle workers... or very good hackers)

nuke888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No i did updated to 1.7.1 then to be sure also updated everything via wifi(loader wifi etc etc)
Card is fine just DQ 9 does that ll try to find another dump of it just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌 zzzzzzz [farrrrts] [rolls over] zzzzzzzzz