Downloaded until useable.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know why!
smile.gif
I was dumb enough to purchase it so let's see...

1) Collision is a joke...cars will drive through you at full speed making you go into park or near it.
2) Collision is also a joke with NPC cars and walls. Sometimes you'll hit stuff and pass through, other times you'll slam into stuff even though you clearly passed it as the collision was drawn much more widely than the visual appearance of what's on screen (like a semi truck being double it's visual width, or passing through guard posts (some) undamaged.
3) There are some turning issues on courses
4) On replay only you show, no others, so you bounce off mid-air when you did hit something in gameplay.
5) Horrid use of color and design, makes track appear invisible on some stages until it's too late not to nail a wall.
6) Piss poor choice in how the championship mode works, forcing to play a set of tracks and pass all or it doesn't save, though in part it does as duels you pay for and if you can't finish all, or bomb it, you lose cash.
7) See #6 then imagine, lack of time, cash gets drained, can't buy shit... game over.

There's 7 good reasons why the game blows and gets ripped on very hard.

I suppose I could add in they cheaped on the multiplayer too by forcing a card per-person when ridge racer did 6 players off 1 card... but that's not a technical flaw, that's just lack of time/greed/laziness your pick.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I know why!
smile.gif
 I was dumb enough to purchase it so let's see...

1) Collision is a joke...cars will drive through you at full speed making you go into park or near it.
2) Collision is also a joke with NPC cars and walls. Sometimes you'll hit stuff and pass through, other times you'll slam into stuff even though you clearly passed it as the collision was drawn much more widely than the visual appearance of what's on screen (like a semi truck being double it's visual width, or passing through guard posts (some) undamaged.
3) There are some turning issues on courses
4) On replay only you show, no others, so you bounce off mid-air when you did hit something in gameplay.
5) Horrid use of color and design, makes track appear invisible on some stages until it's too late not to nail a wall.
6) Piss poor choice in how the championship mode works, forcing to play a set of tracks and pass all or it doesn't save, though in part it does as duels you pay for and if you can't finish all, or bomb it, you lose cash.
7) See #6 then imagine, lack of time, cash gets drained, can't buy shit... game over.

There's 7 good reasons why the game blows and gets ripped on very hard.

I suppose I could add in they cheaped on the multiplayer too by forcing a card per-person when ridge racer did 6 players off 1 card... but that's not a technical flaw, that's just lack of time/greed/laziness your pick.
I didnt encounter any collision problems other than in the tokyo track you can drive through the trees and support beams of the cranes, the only thing I didnt like about this game was the lack of physics and how when buildings just appeared in the draw distance they would only draw what appeared in the ngages resolution.
I liked the use of colour, I didnt crash into any walls. the drifting and boosting is very cool. I would reccomend it over ridgeracers, but not over NFSUDS

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...I can't recall now stage names, but the european course, cuba, and I think it's miami with the bridge all have issues where you can go through crap you shouldn't, and autos...typically the semis are like double wide which causes problems. I think even on Cuba it was when you first start immediately you're slammed by a semi coming up (in most cases) which costs you a bit of time due to bad ai/start placement.

I guess I can agree that in some ways the game is better than RR, but in others far far worse. NFSU2 though makes both not worth buying out of the under $20 bin.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
the truck in cube cracked me up, it either rams into you or slams on the rbeaks and honks their horn at you XD
well, its a game I dont regret buying, I was desperate for another game and I still play it, cop chase is fun enough =/

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I havent played Ridge racer or Asphalt but i've seen people like Vampire Hunter D prefering RR while i've seen people in the total opposite opinion prefering Asphalt so i guess its really a matter of preferences. Lets agree that both games arent Triple A games from what i've read.

I'd sure like to try em myself and form my own opinion thats for sure.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No check his nick, that's why it's backwards.
wink.gif

And actually while I do prefer RR, it's a very slight preference as it's got it's own damn problems that catch up to it late in the mirror mode races. The control just isn't precise enough and a light touch still will slam you into those walls since those tracks were made in a way I feel only do work well on the standard run. RR is aggravating, but AUGT is aggravating and disappointing.

Both are C list titles at best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh