DS #0864: Sim City (Japan)

stormwolf18

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i like the game so far, except for a few things, first , when you are into ''build mode'', it seems the time stop and it only starts back when you zoom out, also you cant build road/building/zone if there is a tree, ie, you must use the bulldozer first. some slow down when zooming out. I also hear a beep noise when im into build mode at the same time the date is flashing red, not sure what it means

Philosophy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck on the translation. Looking forward to playing in english!
grog.gif

jalapeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Themepark world... urrrgh!

that game is terrible,

Although i would love to see theme hospital on the DS,
And hurray for Sim city DS

octavius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im always looking at translation projects for fun. i speak japanese and live here in osaka. but with my free time lately, i dont know how much id have time for. anyways, if anyone wants to send me over the file, i might have a stab at it.

but like Tatsurou said, it might be a waste of time if it comes out in english soon anyways.

Philosophy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I hope that the work on a translation hasn't fizzled out. I haven't even tried to play the game yet as I don't wanna get frustrated.....

laramy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Electronic Arts announced today that the SimCity franchise is returning with SimCity DS, developed especially for the Nintendo DS platform. In addition to creating and growing their very own pocket sized city while being on-the-go, players will be able to leverage the unique action features of the Nintendo DS system, discovering an entirely new way to play this internationally acclaimed franchise. The product will make its debut to consumers worldwide in summer of this year.

True to the SimCity series, players will be able to create and control their city in the palm of their hands...and much more. Maximizing the stylus and built-in microphone controls of the Nintendo DS, SimCity DS brings to the franchise like never before the feeling of personal involvement with your city-from blowing into the microphone to put out fires in the city to signing off on mayoral proclamations with your stylus. By enabling the players to communicate with each other, the "wireless data exchange" feature brings additional interactivity into the game. As an added bonus to SimCity fans around the world, the game also offers a wide array of recognizable international landmarks to spice up your city.

"We are very excited to bring the SimCity experience to the Nintendo DS platform," said Takahiro Murakami, Producer of SimCity DS. "The unique Nintendo DS functionalities inspired us to incorporate many new features to delight the most dedicated SimCity fans. The game is filled with fun surprises that will appeal to new and existing fans of the franchise."

simcitsndsar5.jpg

paxl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's hope we will have an english translation sometime soon !

Meanwhile, need to try Simcity 3000, I played a lot at the Simcity SNES and
Simcity 2000 on a pc but never tryed 3000. !

paxl13

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
SimCity DS building in US

QUOTE said:
Maxis' groundbreaking simulation series adding US DSs to its platform population; mayors can cut the ribbon this summer.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Feb 28, 2007 10:41 am PT

Mayoral scandals not included.

Before Will Wright concocted the PC juggernaut The Sims, his previous masterpiece was the metropolis-building SimCity. The franchise has evolved onto several systems since its debut on the PC in 1989, and was recently announced for release in Japan for the DS under the very workman-like name SimCity DS.

Jealous American urban planners need not be green with envy any longer. Electronic Arts today confirmed that SimCity DS will be released worldwide this summer.

The DS version will continue the basic gameplay of SimCity with some unique additions that take advantage of the DS's hardware. Players will do their best job to create a thriving metropolis and solve everyday mayoral problems such as alleviating traffic and eliminating crime, and use the DS's microphone to blow out fires and the stylus to sign off on mayoral proclamations.

SimCity DS, developed by the now-closed EA studio in Japan, has not yet been rated by the ESRB or priced.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's hope we will have an english translation sometime soon !

Meanwhile, need to try Simcity 3000, I played a lot at the Simcity SNES and
Simcity 2000 on a pc but never tryed 3000. !

paxl13
Its out everywhere this summer apparently.

EA are really starting to use the DS properly, although I'm sure they'll still release tons of crap as well.

FFVII-2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never remembered a sim city having this much text to read..or not to read.

and ive played sim city 2000 (pc) for hours upon hours for a long time. am really looking forward to a translation or english rls.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If anyone want to knows (btw , i stopped translating a long time ago ... i just don't wanted to make everyone sad but now that they will release an english (and GERMAN yay ) version i can tell it to you xD ) how to use the post office :

Build an City!
Build the First Bonus (it's the Post Office , just look at the building while zoomed in )
Then click on the Letter symbol , from there you click on the small button in the middle.

Use the back button in the right lower corner and save and go to menu.
Then go to the Post office , TADA

To bad i can't really try it out because my DS is at Nintendo :S (Repairing -.- ) and i have to steal (lol , not really , i have the permission
biggrin.gif
) my brothers ^^

€dit:

I can't stop playing this Game
nds.gif

THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GREAT

yaynds.gif

Anyone else who prefers to have Will as his Advisor ? ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users