DS #1964: Advance Wars Days of Ruin (USA)

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice game, nice graphics and nice sound. Playabilty is excelent... In the recent sea of crap releases this is a nice change. Im going to buy this as soon as it hits my shops....

Cant go wrong with AW, played and enjoyed them all, look forward to future releases......

EA..... look and learn how its done.

grog.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game is epic win. I'm currently on level 7 (and beat the extra thing) and loving it so far. I have yet to try out the multiplayer but I know what to expect....but I don't know how they are going to shorten down AW matches so that they don't take an hour
unsure.gif

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This game is the best Wifi game yet, period.

Tetris DS hate you!

The wifi is decent (played/won 15+ games today). A lot of the maps aren't really balanced and the small maps are just TERRIBLE. It would also have been fun to be able to chose the settings (fog of war, maps, start cash, turns etc...). Thus I can't say it's an amazing wifi game but it's good.

arella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know everyone is saying that it works on R4, but this game freezes on the 1st Tutorial for me... and I dont even know why.

I'm using the Chinese 1.15 firmware for R4...

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great game! I've only tried the Wi-Fi so far, since I plan on buying the game later this week, and I don't want to restart the campagin, and from what I've played it's pretty damn good. I won my first 3 Wi-Fi matches: first one by flat out beating the dude, second one because the guy didn't want to put up with me (There was only a 1-square path to my base, and I kept blocking it), and 3rd because the dude just d/c'd.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMO this is the best AW so far. The controls are a huge upgrade. The slowness of the CO powers and the lack of CO leveling and stuff just means fair gameplay and more strategy. In fact, I'd much rather that they'd removed CO power altogether, but still left CO selection there for avatar purposes.

Unit leveling came as a great feature to me, as healing units at cities is now actually a much larger part of the game.

The new units are great as well, with the exception of the anti-tank. It's way too overpowered. Pretty much two near your base backed by rocket(s) is impermeable defense. (on land maps that is)

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't played online yet, and don't plan to for a loooong time, but wow is the single player good or what??!?!

The story is actually.. good. I have only played like 4-5 hours so far, kinda stuck on one level. I think it's 11 or 12. LOL.

wepoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm loving this game. I've been playing Age of Empires the last week and AW:DoR is so much better. It's faster, looks nicer and the strategy elements are so much more advanced and interesting. Gotta go online soon I suppose. Watch out for me I'll be the one getting pwnd!

Friend Code: 330836 612791

Sadman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I was wondering if I'm going to have problems following the storyline since this is my first Advance Wars game, but I have just read this in the Wikipedia:

"The plot of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is considerably darker than the previous games in the series, and is unrelated to the previous series installments in terms of the storyline."

So let's try it!
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

Lloyd14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm playing it now and it's better than i thought it woud be.
But there is something wrong te touch screen is on the top screen and the top screen is on the touch screen so i have to play by using the buttons, which sucks. But when i touch the touch screen the units on the top screen will move :S
Can this be my flashcard cuz i have G6Lite (Slot 2), v4.8

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been playing it last night. The Advance Wars addiction is back. But I was wondering do you actually unlock more things as you play because I kinda miss the old war room in the old games where you battle maps, earn points and spend it on new stuff. Either way, it's clear that they went for the Fire Emblem way of telling the story which is nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxh52g2HP3s