DS #1964: Advance Wars Days of Ruin (USA)

yiggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Level..... 11 i think, was a bitch -__-

(The first sea battle)

Only way I could beat it was to make all their base are belong to me.

The game is great, though Anti tanks are a bit strong (i haven't gotten used to them yet).

Mieki

Trophies
XP
Country
Level..... 11 i think, was a bitch -__-

(The first sea battle)

Only way I could beat it was to make all their base are belong to me.

The game is great, though Anti tanks are a bit strong (i haven't gotten used to them yet).

Wonder why so many people found this level hard...Just blowup the battleship ASAP, build temporary docks and make hit and runs with GBoats. And let your ally hellies take care of some ships. Saves you ammo and HP.

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tried wifi three times, and in all cases when i was about to get into advantage (looks like my experiences of aw2 paid off), the other player disconnected. Lame? Also, the game doesnt seem to count Wins or Loses in Wifi which is ... stupid! Nothing to fight for and disconnecting when you see that you're losing doesn't hurt a thing!

Requisite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried wifi three times, and in all cases when i was about to get into advantage (looks like my experiences of aw2 paid off), the other player disconnected. Lame? Also, the game doesnt seem to count Wins or Loses in Wifi which is ... stupid! Nothing to fight for and disconnecting when you see that you're losing doesn't hurt a thing!
No Win/Loss count?
That's lame...

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Regarding wifi, it has:
Total battles
Wins
Draws

However for some reason it's 'hidden'. But if you add someone to your friend list, you'll be able to view his stats.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I don't quite get is the range of some of the units. It doesn't seem clear as to when and where you can target enemies with certain units. Sometimes I'm too close, sometimes too far, sometimes -- like with missile units -- I'm at what seems to be the right distance, but am not allowed to target a units. How do you determine that for certain?

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You know, I really like this game..... but hell they could've updated the gfx at least a bit......

with advanced wars DS it was ok, the DS was just starting it's life and all, but now... gba gfx don't work anymore imho, and I'm not talking about making it 3d, it's ugly even for 2d gfx....

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing I don't quite get is the range of some of the units. It doesn't seem clear as to when and where you can target enemies with certain units. Sometimes I'm too close, sometimes too far, sometimes -- like with missile units -- I'm at what seems to be the right distance, but am not allowed to target a units. How do you determine that for certain?

irpacynot... You haven't played any AW before have you?
You should go and play AW1 on the GBA. The intro covers everything.
As for range. Indirect units can not move and attack in the same turn. When you move you can't attack and when you attack you can't move.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country

The Missile Units can only attack flying units iirc.

I'm guessing you know how to make it show the range of a unit, so it's probably the fact you're either trying to attack a ground unit, or that you've moved.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As people have already mentioned, view its stat page to see what units yours can actually attack.
To check the attack range of yours and enemy units. Target it and press B.

EDIT: Also remember that no nondirect unit can move and attack at the same turn (except the battleship).

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm guessing you know how to make it show the range of a unit, so it's probably the fact you're either trying to attack a ground unit, or that you've moved.

unsure.gif

Yeah, I will often use the B-button to check a unit's range -- enemy or ally -- and I'm discovering that various units can only attack either air or ground. But is it possible that certain units can't attack while on certain types of terrain? Because sometimes I'll try to use a rocket unit to attack a ground unit, and I'm within range, but nothing...

Smwbigboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

unsure.gif

Yeah, I will often use the B-button to check a unit's range -- enemy or ally -- and I'm discovering that various units can only attack either air or ground. But is it possible that certain units can't attack while on certain types of terrain? Because sometimes I'll try to use a rocket unit to attack a ground unit, and I'm within range, but nothing...
Rockets can only attack air units. Look at the top screen for info. If there is an arrow pointing up or down, you can attack it. If there is a minus sign, you can't.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just hold the stylus over the unit to see it's range (red squares).
First time using the stylus for AW. Seems really handy but you can make mistakes, like 'Wait' instead of 'Attack', easily... Guess I'll have to get used to it. I find Dual Controls too slow =/

If you're new to AW, I suggest you try one of the previous releases before you play this one.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How do you put the commander in units in the campaign?
Once you reach Chapter 15, simply move the unit you want to load the CO into to the kind of property that built it (Factory for ground, Airport for air, Port for sea) or your HQ and make it wait. Next turn, select that unit and pick the CO option. The CO will be ,loaded into the unit with a fee of half the unit's cost.

minger

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm stuck on the battle where you fight Waylon again (he says something about his last fight, then he's off to his mansion...can't remember the number) but I keep getting stuck, as the battle basically becomes a draw after a while.

Other than that...this is awsome.

Moztruitu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I bought the advance wars 1 & 2, the dual strike too. But this version i wont buy it becouse is horrible.

The animations are boring, the graphics boring too...All are worse except the wifi mode and the new history.

This game have disappointment me, too many negatives changes.

benchma®k

Trophies
XP
Country
Played through a few levels the other night.. have to say i think the game is pretty solid. Very tactical, not too easy.. although when it comes to the dialogue, i thought it was too long winded, and very boring.. so i skipped it all without hesitation.

Only place they could improve is in the story writing. The characters repeat everything about 10 times and the language is almost straight from a kindergarden book! tsk

Very good gameplay! Although i havent figured out how to assign my CO to a unit!
frown.gif

King[NL]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really like this version. All the crazy stats has been normalized. Co powers are toned down. They've added a cool new CO in unit future. It's much more tactics now instead of the wait until you can use your super CO power. Only downside is the map upload function. You can only download RANDOM maps. I want to see all the maps so I can pick up the map which I want to. Now it's still impossible to get that cool map someone made, unless you want to keep trying to download random maps. Welcome to the lottery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: