DS #2174: Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008 (Europe)

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Release Group Sir VG
Filename sq-ywcs8

While I'd like to claim this to be release 100, I did not do this game (I did do the 2007 version of this release though). Given the filename, it should be SQUiRE listed as the release group.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir VG said:
QUOTE said:
Release Group Sir VG
Filename sq-ywcs8

While I'd like to claim this to be release 100, I did not do this game (I did do the 2007 version of this release though). Given the filename, it should be SQUiRE listed as the release group.
Fixed.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Issac said:
Hmm, well, I'd like to start playing one of these games.. but I need someone to recommend the best one please.
http://www.wizards.com/magic/

There are quite a few good TCGs, but Magic is the king.
I'm surprised with all the TCGs that came out for the GB/GBA/DS that Wizards of the Coast never got into the act by licensing a Magic The Gathering DS game... IIRC the Microprose PC version of MtG was pretty good, having a decent "story" mode as well as online play.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragonlord said:
Which one do you mean? I know only one MtG game on the PC and this one sucked major balls ( Apprentice something it has been called if I recall correctly ).
MWS is so much better.
http://www.magicworkstation.com/

Wizards themselves have also released a fairly flawless client in the form of Magic Online (its pretty awesome). However, you unfortunately have to buy the actual online cards.

QUOTEI'm surprised with all the TCGs that came out for the GB/GBA/DS that Wizards of the Coast never got into the act by licensing a Magic The Gathering DS game...
I could see it being fairly hard to implement considering how little screen real estate you get on the DS (and how many cards can be in play with Magic).

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragonlord said:
Which one do you mean? I know only one MtG game on the PC and this one sucked major balls ( Apprentice something it has been called if I recall correctly ).
AFAIK now there are several version, but the most recent ones are online only or practice playing against a computer opponent.

Back in 1998 or so there were two MtG licensees active at once. Microprose was one and produced a single player game that was sort of a story/strategy game, and IIRC Konami (or Access or somebody crappy) made another that was absolutely awful from reports. I own the Microprose one, but I haven't played it for years and don't recall much about it. (An expansion pack also came out for the Microprose one that added some newer deck cards and then they sold it as some sort of combo pack IIRC. I only own the original release.)

Looking at my CD (found it recently and was planning on installing/playing some day) it was called:
Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers
 1997 Microprose Software

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Looking at my CD (found it recently and was planning on installing/playing some day) it was called:
© 1997 Microprose Software
Make sure to get the Manalink 1.3.2 patch if you do. It will not run on XP without it.

EDIT: Turns out a new version was just released three months ago (2.0). Apparently makes the engine faster and less buggy. Got to try this out.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
awdofgum said:
JPH, you know you still play this game.

...Duel!

lol, no thanks.

I don't like to play children's card games like *cough*Urza*cough*
wink.gif

more screenshots of the game: (to stay on topic, of course
icon3.gif
)

yu-gi-oh-world-championship-tournament-2008-20080110103450990_640w.jpg

yu-gi-oh-world-championship-tournament-2008-20080110103451615_640w.jpg

yu-gi-oh-world-championship-tournament-2008-20080110103452286_640w.jpg

Rciwws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like they didnt bother to create a new engine like this needs. This is gba graphics all the way. Something that looks along the lines of DQMJ would have been great.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
cutterjohn said:
Back in 1998 or so there were two MtG licensees active at once. Microprose was one and produced a single player game that was sort of a story/strategy game, and IIRC Konami (or Access or somebody crappy) made another that was absolutely awful from reports. I own the Microprose one, but I haven't played it for years and don't recall much about it. (An expansion pack also came out for the Microprose one that added some newer deck cards and then they sold it as some sort of combo pack IIRC. I only own the original release.)

© 1997 Microprose Software
Chances are I had the other one. Some pal playing MtG at school once gave it to me so I could look into the game. I never had my own card and always did what I called mystery-play. I just told the other party to give me a deck at random and I managed out of the moment to play with it instead of building my own deck. Has a certain challenge to it and you get to play all sorts of decks which I considered very interesting
biggrin.gif

I've to look over Freshmeat but I'm sure there is an open source version of that one out. I remember having once used it to play online some mystery-play against somebody from GBATemp but it's too long ago to remember.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do anyone play on Wi-Fi? Random search have too many people with Exodia decks. I've already seen 4-5 in ROW. That's pretty annoing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, watching the first episode of the anime we were talking about last night