DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Strange error I've been getting recently when trying to go online. It displays this message and disconnects me from Wi-Fi:
このカードでは
これ以上ダウンロードの
機能をご利用できません

As far as I can tell, it essentially says something like "This (DS) Card is beyond download (Limit?). This function is not available." I've been using the wi-fi function, listening to the available songs for much of the day. This error appeared when I tried to connect after using the Wi-Fi radio function to listen to ten songs*. I went to connect to the main download option and that's where I encountered the error. Now I can't connect to the download service or the Wi-Fi radio option.

I guess now I'm wondering if this is just some bug with the hacked save or if there's some kind of limit on how many songs you can preview in a day, and the radio function pushed me over that (I'm assuming daily) limit.

*(What came up in my 10-song playlist, which consisted mostly of my favorite anime songs, was an apparently user-made version of ざんこく な てんし の テーゼ (Zankoku na tenshi no teeze, the Evangelion theme) by ゲーマガ ウメ. It sounded perfect, so naturally, I then went to connect to search for the song and any other submissions by the user)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm using and R4-DS v1.18 with the appropriate hacked save.

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Doesn't work on Supercard DS ONE or YSMenu for me either
frown.gif
"Card error. Couldn't write the correct data"

edit: nevermind didn't see johnnylee's comment on page 10. Its working
biggrin.gif

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lupigen said:
Strange error I've been getting recently when trying to go online. It displays this message and disconnects me from Wi-Fi:
???????
???????????
???????????

As far as I can tell, it essentially says something like "This (DS) Card is beyond download (Limit?). This function is not available." I've been using the wi-fi function, listening to the available songs for much of the day. This error appeared when I tried to connect after using the Wi-Fi radio function to listen to ten songs*. I went to connect to the main download option and that's where I encountered the error. Now I can't connect to the download service or the Wi-Fi radio option.

I guess now I'm wondering if this is just some bug with the hacked save or if there's some kind of limit on how many songs you can preview in a day, and the radio function pushed me over that (I'm assuming daily) limit.
Yeah, I got that error too when I spammed the Wi-Fi radio. It seems like they DID put some kind of daily limit... but my question is HOW do they know when someone reach a limit? I have two DSes and when I got that error, I switch to my other DS and got the same error. So it doesn't seem they're tracking it via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection ID. Perhaps it's by IP address. I haven't reset my modem/router to try it out though.
unsure.gif

EDIT: Just tried it. Doesn't work. o.o

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game comes with enough save space to download 100 songs. However, the game explicitly mentions that you CANNOT ERASE ANY OF THEM.
The hacked save files make the game work, not the download space.
This "download space" is exactly what is making this game incompatible with all our carts.

[EDIT] And apparently, as of now, they don't let you connect if you have 0 song space left anymore. Damn, I liked those previews haha!

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Lupigen said:
???????
???????????
???????????

*(What came up in my 10-song playlist, which consisted mostly of my favorite anime songs, was an apparently user-made version of ???? ? ??? ? ??? (Zankoku na tenshi no teeze, the Evangelion theme) by ???????. It sounded perfect, so naturally, I then went to connect to search for the song and any other submissions by the user)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm using and R4-DS v1.18 with the appropriate hacked save.

Hi I can also read enough Japanese to understand most of this game. However I got that "can't use this function anymore" message right from the start. I can't use radio or download peoples songs.

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jeronz said:
Hi I can also read enough Japanese to understand most of this game. However I got that "can't use this function anymore" message right from the start. I can't use radio or download peoples songs.
Interesting... This brings to mind a third theory:
What if Nintendo noticed the pirated copies on their servers (Due to the fact that they all probably show that they have "2" download slots left), and instituted some sort of temporary block against them? I suppose whoever has both the actual cartridge and a flash cart ROM can test this theory out by logging in with the ROM, see if it gets blocked, then logging in with the actual cart. That would show whether this is an IP block or just a bootleg block.

If that theory is the case, then I guess all we really can do is wait for a permanent fix (i.e. full support for 8mbit saves).

beboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
zerosystem said:
M3 Perfect Settings:
Firmware v35
M3 Game Manager v36a
Safe Mode
Force R/W
But you don't have any save file created on you sd card right ?
Cause i tried Daigasso DX yesterday with the same hardware you have, and Daigasso doesn't seems to save anything.

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
k0sm0s said:
coincidence that i was reading the 2ch forums and someone said he just submitted zankoku tenshi..
Hahaha I wonder if it was the same submission. It was really an excellent rendition; it even had the karaoke lyrics, going along with the rhythm of the "melody" track. That makes me wonder whether that is something that is added automatically during Nintendo's review process, or something that has to be inputted by the submitter.

ufo999

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
wow
i'm still playng the first one (my first and only jap import game) with the extension and the new one is here
tongue.gif

still don't understand why ther's no english version
frown.gif

DigitalSilence

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zerosystem said:
DigitalSilence said:
zerosystem said:
Download works with my M3 perfect mini SD Flash Cart.

i have this exact hardware set-up.

please tell me how i might get this rom to work?

please?

M3 Perfect Settings:
Firmware v35
M3 Game Manager v36a
Safe Mode
Force R/W

THANK YOU KIND SIR!

yaynds.gif

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lupigen said:
What if Nintendo noticed the pirated copies on their servers (Due to the fact that they all probably show that they have "2" download slots left), and instituted some sort of temporary block against them?

I don't think so. I bet it's just a save file problem. Maybe there has to be a specific part of code in there, for the game to recognize the "free downloadspace" correct.
I absolutly DON'T think, that there is a copyright protection.

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_rula said:
Lupigen said:
What if Nintendo noticed the pirated copies on their servers (Due to the fact that they all probably show that they have "2" download slots left), and instituted some sort of temporary block against them?

I don't think so. I bet it's just a save file problem. Maybe there has to be a specific part of code in there, for the game to recognize the "free downloadspace" correct.
I absolutly DON'T think, that there is a copyright protection.
If that was the case, then why is it that I and others were able to log on and listen to the song previews earlier today with no problems? Really, it seems mighty suspicious now that were were all of a sudden completely shut out of the server. And it's not like it would be something that's difficult for Nintendo to do. Think about this theoretical scenario:
When we log on to the DBBDX servers we send some information to Nintendo, and that information could include the amount of open download slots we have. For example, let's say we had downloaded the maximum of 100 songs and filled all of our slots, then the server would recognize that the maximum limit was reached, and respond with the appropriate error message. Now our hacked saves, due to their incorrect size and lack of flash card support for the correct save size, show that there are only 2 open download slots available, which means that the server would probably see it as "98 slots filled." Nintendo technicians, looking through their logs, recognizes this pattern, and through investigation deduce that those carts with only 2 open slots right after the game's launch must be pirated copies. Therefore, as a response, they reconfigure the server so that it recognizes the maximum number of songs as 98 instead of 100. In other words, if it sees a user with only two open slots, then it displays the "maximum limit reached" error message as if all 100 slots were filled. This effectively shuts out those with hacked saves, and is unlikely to affect those with the actual cart for some time, as the "no-deletion" aspect would keep them from going anywhere near the 100 song limit right after launch. After some time has passed, and more people start getting closer to the 100 song limit, Nintendo can just increase the limit back to 100.

Of course, those are just my thoughts on this scenario, and it is entirely possible that this is completely separated from the reality of Nintendo server management.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok, stock it in the kids section, 80% off. Manager special.