DS #2792: FIFA Soccer 09 (USA)

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
i find this an average soccer game thats the same as the rest of the fifa on other consoles lol
happy.gif

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the contrary, this is by far the best soccer game for the DS.
2009 gameplay is much improved over 2008 - faster framerate means more fluid, responsive matches.
Unfortunately this seems to have made the online WFC matches much more laggy than the 2008 version.
I haven't checked the download play to compare yet.

If you like soccer games then you'll know FIFA and know what to expect, if you don't know soccer then this is the one to get.

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a bug in the Euro version of FIFA '09 where the player's squad in manager mode gets shuffled and mixed around randomly. Other then that, it's a good game. I hope the bug isn't in the US version.

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
DJ Hobo said:
There's a bug in the Euro version of FIFA '09 where the player's squad in manager mode gets shuffled and mixed around randomly. Other then that, it's a good game. I hope the bug isn't in the US version.

Yeah I had that bug. The way to fix it is to update your roster on WiFi and just check in Classic mode. It sorted it out for me but I can't remember if it fixed the Be A Pro mode, don't think it did actually. WiFi is a bit messed up.

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
tsimehC said:
DJ Hobo said:

Yeah I had that bug. The way to fix it is to update your roster on WiFi and just check in Classic mode. It sorted it out for me but I can't remember if it fixed the Be A Pro mode, don't think it did actually. WiFi is a bit messed up.

It's not Be A Pro mode that has the problem, it's Manager Mode

4ppleseed said:
PSP version is actually pretty good. Does this also have the Be A Pro mode? Cause that's full of win.
It does have Be a Pro mode, but for some reason, you can't name your player. His name is just "My Pro".

QUOTE(Raven Darkheart @ Oct 18 2008, 11:56 AM)
bug is still there
Yeah, I just realised after switching the DS on.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I don't know about the US version,but I am pretty sure you can name your player in Be a Pro mode in the Europe version.
Anyways FIFA 09 is better than FIFA 08.Gameplay is more fluid.

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
bravo 123 said:
I don't know about the US version,but I am pretty sure you can name your player in Be a Pro mode in the Europe version.
Anyways FIFA 09 is better than FIFA 08.Gameplay is more fluid.

Really? I couldn't see an option for it in the Euro version.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really need to get this for Wii, the (E) version I'm running on my NTSC-U system seems be kind of glitchy , and I really hope it's due to the different region settings.
My brother plays a lot of FIFA 08 on the DS, and he categorically refuses to play it on the Wii.....and he's crazy about the online mode.
Hopefully with this release he will detach himself from FIFA 08( there are less and less worthwhile competitors now ) and start play something new, and maybe migrate to the Wii and accept to play a few games with me, now that you can use the GC controller he shouldn't have any excuse not to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like gnome didn't even detect it correctly