Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
GreenBanana said:
I'll explain. They're just being forum-trolling dickweeds by expanding out abbreviations of the names of countries for no goddamn reason.
Happy to be of service.

Jap is not a proper abbreviation for Japan or Japanese. There are Japanese people in the forum. One of the "forum-trolling dickweeds" is just being considerate.
Being politically correct seems to be a big thing down there, but you have a problem with calling Japanese people politically correctly? What's that, human rights moving backwards?

Back on topic,

Character customization + skill customization = profit!
I'll definitely check this out. I don't expect much from the story; 80% of the world is under Dragon control, you want to kill all the happily peacefully living dragons off and selfishly claim the world to yourselves. Sounds like a cliche fantasy plot with a minimal twist (Dragons instead of demons).
Although the trailer claims the battle's got high tempo, I don't think it's fast enough if you plan on grinding a lot.

I'd state my opinion on that, but it'd be against the rules.

pakoito

Trophies
XP
Country
What if I just didn't know jap was offensive? If you want I can call them japos, as I do in spanish. Is 'japos' ofenssive? 'guiris'? 'franchutes'?

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mazensa said:
Rieko Kodama "the First Lady of RPGs" (the producer of the best RPG or game ever Skies Of Arcadia she also made Phantasy Star 1,2,4) supervised this game so you know it will be god like.

This alone makes me want to check it out. Hopefully it has that "classic sega feeling". Thanks for alerting me to her presence in the games creation.

EDIT: OMG that retro mode looks really clever! I always wished the later FF games had an 8bit mini RPG in them, so I am glad someone finally did. Thank you SEGA!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks awesome, too bad I cant read Japanese
sleep.gif

mauroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really looks great. And with the etrian odissey guy plus that one broad that did skies of arcadia behind it I'm sure it must play awesome as well!

As stated: character customisation + skill customisation = win!!

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
HavQ said:
Here's how you save:
Go to the inn (well, obviously). It's located in the southwest corner of the town you start off in.
Talk to the lady at the left desk. She'll ask if you want to spend the night there (it costs 7 gold). If you didn't know, "yes" is the left option.
After you wake up, the game will ask if you want to save. Choose yes (again left). If you've already saved before, you'll have to choose yes again (it'll ask if you want to overwrite). Then it saves and the window closes.
If you die or quit, you'll continue from the inn.
Also, if some of your characters die (not all, obviously, it'd be game over then), go to the inn, talk to the man at the right desk and choose the second highest option (the middle one if I recall correctly). Then highlight the char you want to resurrect and voila. This costs 10 gold per character.

Oh, PS. you do have a party, right? So you're not going wandering outside town alone? Before you do, you've got to find the old guy whose name's not told (???). He keeps running away though.. Then you need to get some quests, and that's where you'd really need some knowledge of Japanese.

Fuck yeah thanks, i really had no idea how to revive dead chars, so i fought 5 battles and the game over...

3134955.jpg

Also this is my team.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PropheticWind said:
@Martiin: We might see a localization with it being Sega and all.

They didn't bring Blazer Drive over, and that's the 2nd best DS game I've played.

So what does everyone mean by 'character customization'? So far it just sounds like Final Fantasy Legend (SaGa) where there are a bunch of different classes that you can make your party with. Of course that opinion is also influenced by seeing those retro screenshots hahaha.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:
GreenBanana said:
I'll explain. They're just being forum-trolling dickweeds by expanding out abbreviations of the names of countries for no goddamn reason.
Happy to be of service.

Jap is not a proper abbreviation for Japan or Japanese. There are Japanese people in the forum. One of the "forum-trolling dickweeds" is just being considerate.
Being politically correct seems to be a big thing down there, but you have a problem with calling Japanese people politically correctly? What's that, human rights moving backwards?

Back on topic,

Character customization + skill customization = profit!
I'll definitely check this out. I don't expect much from the story; 80% of the world is under Dragon control, you want to kill all the happily peacefully living dragons off and selfishly claim the world to yourselves. Sounds like a cliche fantasy plot with a minimal twist (Dragons instead of demons).
Although the trailer claims the battle's got high tempo, I don't think it's fast enough if you plan on grinding a lot.

Because this forum is allllll about being politically correct and respecting human rights? what about poor Satoru Iwata's feelings huh? Also it is quite backwards already to restrict and flame us for using a shortened pronunciation of a word. I know dozen's of 'Japanese' students that come to Australia and I have yet to meet one that is offended by it.

Anywho, aside from my severe hate for the ideals of being politically correct, played the game, got bored fast not being able to read it, deleted it. It did seem interesting, but there isn't anything unique enough to draw me in at the moment - if I wanted to play a retro game... I'd play a retro game =/

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT- Apparently that 8bit gameboy screen is fanart hoax from a month ago. It can be seen here:

http://www.pixiv.net/index.php?mode=medium...lust_id=3158415

I'm not sure about that retro mode. I don't know where that screen came from. And it might be fanart. Someone on Gamefaqs says that it came from last month or something. He never posted a link, but he posted a printscreen of a page it supposedly came from:

7dgameboypixiv.png

Of course I don't believe everyone on Gamefaqs, but it seems like the thing a fan would do to hoax someone. Can anyone on here confirm this is really in the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3