DS #3675: Sherlock Holmes DS: The Mystery of the Mummy (Europe)

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OH my god, are you guys actually serious?

A game's rating has nothing to do with the target audience.

A rating is a guideline for the content within, JUST LIKE MOVIES (which have been around for some time).

You all must be a part of the same crowd that doesn't buy Mario games because there's "no killing" in them.
Seriously, the rating is just a reference for how appropriate the content is, not ANY REGARD WHATSOEVER to difficultly or target audience.

Grow up.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i agree tht u better check out the game before u say anything...
if games like chibby park are gr8 even with their ratings, why not this one
ofcourse i like to be more polite in this regard cuz i don't usually try the games myself

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
3+ or "for everyone" rating doesn't mean a kiddy game. There are tons of great E rated games.

But you don't expect Sherlock Holmes to get that rating given its content.
People in this thread are not saying "OMG 3+ age rating, I'm gonna pass" but "OMG A SHERLOCK HOLMES GAME with a 3+ age rating, I'm gonna pass"

If GTA came out with 3+ rating, would you still consider?

NatsuMatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrgone said:
lost interest at "not real story"

Why would you want to play a game based on an existing story? If you've read the story, you know how it plays out. Where would be the mystery in that?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
deathfisaro said:
3+ or "for everyone" rating doesn't mean a kiddy game. There are tons of great E rated games.

But you don't expect Sherlock Holmes to get that rating given its content.
People in this thread are not saying "OMG 3+ age rating, I'm gonna pass" but "OMG A SHERLOCK HOLMES GAME with a 3+ age rating, I'm gonna pass"

If GTA came out with 3+ rating, would you still consider?

if a GTA has +3 rating, of cos not, the whole point of GTA is its M rating and the freedom to run around like a maniac and shooting at everything that walk, swim or fly, esp fly
biggrin.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried it. It's terrible, but not because of the 3+ thing. Holmes is investigating a man's supposed suicide by self-immolation to see if there was foul play (seriously, 3+? Suicide by self-immolation? Yes, I'm sure every parent would love to explain to their three-year-old what that means.
rolleyes.gif
) According to the instructions, it is also possible for you to die.

But anyway, the game isn't any good. It has a Myst-imitation system where you look around in each area and can tap elsewhere to go someplace else, but it's basically just pixel hunting. And also, the game is completely focused on Egyptology. Everything just feels... silly. The house is filled with random traps and puzzles for no reason. It's like the worst of the Myst-imitation games from back when everyone was making games imitating Myst.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3