DS #3960: Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito (Japan)

banchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Works fine with FIX on SD SuperCard slot-2
wink.gif

tobyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kimyom said:
How to play "Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito" on your R4/DSTT

1. Download Patch.rar and get a Patch.exe file from RAR.

2. Rename your DQ9 file to "dq9.nds" and put Patch.exe to the same folder.

3. Execute Patch.exe.

4. That's all right!
lecture.gif

is this safe? i likely don't trust people having their FIRST post in this board with giving you an advice to execute a .exe-file... anyway, i got a mac...
rolleyes.gif

banchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tobyx said:
kimyom said:
How to play "Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito" on your R4/DSTT

1. Download Patch.rar and get a Patch.exe file from RAR.

2. Rename your DQ9 file to "dq9.nds" and put Patch.exe to the same folder.

3. Execute Patch.exe.

4. That's all right!
lecture.gif

is this safe? i likely don't trust people having their FIRST post in this board with giving you an advice to execute a .exe-file... anyway, i got a mac...
rolleyes.gif
It's safe. Just tried it a few minutes ago
yaynds.gif

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
you don't even need to patch the game for no$gba
your no$gba is lack of something
All other games work Except for this one.

patched or no patch it just stop working.

I have even downloaded another no$cash 2.6a and it still didn't work it crash

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kimyom said:
tobyx said:
rolleyes.gif
Please don't use the patch that I presented if you can't trust me.
unsure.gif

The path.exe has the same effect to the patch for iNF. Only 1 byte will be changed.
lecture.gif

I would appreciate it if you could patch the nds file easier than iNF.
smileipb2.png

Don't take it personally. There is a bricker that pretends to be DQ9, so people have their guards up now.

What's the 1 byte? If it changes the checksum it could be troublesome. (I'm thinking GTA's multiple cheats entries for difference checksums)

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Really didn't take long for a workaround to fix the anti-piracy protection. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother. It must be an extra cost to implement it.

I'm gonna wait for the English version, hopefully it won't have different protection.

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing it ryt now... Tnx to INFINITE!!! This game is awesome!!! can't w8t for an english version!!
yaynds.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, games like this are a great test for the limitations of this site. As expected, GBATemp is now mostly broken, and though DQIX has been my most-anticipated game for the last two years, I don't look forward to what the English version will do to this site. Either way, I ain't touching this version. I'll be savoring the game when it arrives in English. I waited this long; I ain't gonna muddle through it in Japanese now.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested that patch on Ysmenu using a Supercard DS-One and Bliss triple loader. Seems to work perfectly. And I pity this poor old site. It just can't handle the flood from this game.

Thanks for the patch INF.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duobix said:
Am I wrong or the whole Dragon Quest series are only allowed to have their relase date during weekends in Japan?

Probably. I remember reading a news post elsewhere before where big game releases in Japan have people camping out in line just to get the game. So if it's on a weekend, hopefully it would cut down on people calling in sick/skipping class just to get and then play the game.

Think the I-phone release craze, but multiply it 10-20 times, or college students camping out for big campus sporting event tickets and it's on a country wide scale....

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just got to the point where I had a cutscene at the big tree. The glowing thing I got from the girl went into the tree and something happened. Now I don't know what to do to continue. I talked to the king again, but after a lot of babble, nothing. Anyone know what you do next?

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, anti piracy protection in DS games is fairly new so yeah, most of them can easily be cracked within days after the release, or they find a cheat to circumvent it without the need to patch the rom. But as the years go by, the protection will become harder to crack. I wouldn't be surprised if they even resort to DS bricking anti piracy protections.

But it was to be expected that people would make a DS bricking virus disguised as a game that has yet to be released, so if I find a torrent of the English version of this game posted before the actual US release date, it's most likely a virus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet...