DS #4205: Professor Layton and Pandoras Box (Europe)

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damn!
I want the german version now! >.>

How I liked the old times with the first one
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
BlueStar said:
See the way they edit the American Kirby box art to give him a menacing scowl rather than a cheery grin.
No way, they did that?

They do it with pretty much all Kirby games. Japan Kirby is jolly and happy, America Kirby is angry and bad-ass

inline-4-407-1.jpg
inline-4-407-2.jpg

kirbyairride031208.jpg

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enarky said:
Does anyone know if there's any difference in content other than calling the diabolical box by its real name?
For one, the game is in British English, instead of American English, so some stuff has been reworded, like replacing all occurances of "apartment" with "flat", as well as other things. The subtitles seem to match with British English, so I don't know if it's been partially redubbed or not, as I haven't played the American version. Here are some differences, from comparing with screenshots:
US: "The Elysian Box is an antique said to bring death upon any who dare open its lid. According to rumors, the box has already claimed many lives and is feared in many parts of the world. Could this strange item truly exist?"
UK: "The Elysian Box is an antique said to bring death upon anyone who dares open its lid. According to rumours, the box has already claimed many lives and is known as "Pandora's Box" in many parts of the world. Could such dark rumours be true?"
US: "It appears to be for the Molentary Express, but where exactly is it supposed to take its owner?"
UK: "It appears to be for the Molentary Express, but where exactly is it supposed to take its bearer?"
US: "For some reason, part of the curtain shown here has been ripped clean off!"
UK: "For some reason, part of the curtain has been ripped clean off!"
US: "Luke should be able to close the bag easily now."
UK: "Luke should be able to close the trunk properly now."
US: "Whoa there, doofus!"
UK: "What are you playing at?"
US: "Oh, and don't forget, trash belongs in the trash can, not on the street!"
UK: "Now don't forget, litter belongs in the bin, not on the street!"
US: "If you calculate the total tab, you'll see that the meal cost 105 pounds."
UK: "If you calculate the total bill, you'll see that the meal cost £105."
Genders also seem to be changed, the ant in puzzle 17 is female in the UK version and male in the US version. As with the first game, the common unit seems to be millimetres here, rather than inches.
I haven't played the Japanese version either, so I don't know which would be more accurate, but if someone pastes some screenshots, I'll happily try and translate them for comparison too.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Too bad the savegames between the US and the EUR version aren't compatible.
frown.gif

Had a typo in the filename, savegame works now with Acekard 2.1/AKAIO 1.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kontrolfreek.com/products/south-park-kenny-edition-thumbsticks?utm_source=facebook&ut...