DS #4411: Phantasy Star à (USA)

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online isn't working for me. Is there a patch I need to download?

Edit: Nevermind, it was due to me having Battery Saver on. :\

So let me get this straight. Only CycloDS users were able to connect to retail copy owners originally? That's kind of odd. Guess I chose the right card.

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
DarthTheufel said:
Did anybody finish the first quest so far?
Heh no, this game has a way too steep of a learning curve. I was told to keep restarting the mission and grind to level 10 before trying to beat the Dragon.

The Dragon's beatable at level 3-5. I managed it at level 3 or 4, if I recall correctly. That's with a Human Ranger, so I suppose if you're using a more fragile class [such as the Newman Forces] you'd have a tougher time with it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
DarthTheufel said:
Did anybody finish the first quest so far?
Heh no, this game has a way too steep of a learning curve. I was told to keep restarting the mission and grind to level 10 before trying to beat the Dragon.

What? I beat it at lvl 5 without ever having played the game (or any Phantasy Star game). You just need to be smart and roll out of its way. I just set healing items to my other palette set and your generic Heavy Attack, Dodge, and Light Attack on the main set. Just roll out of the way when it shoots fireballs or swoops to attack you and don't be a dumb dumb and stand in front of it and attack it. Attack it from the side (since it is a slow turner). I used Daggers and beat him pretty well.

The sidequest where you have to fight him alone, however, is another story...

Festung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Today I played online and found weapons like in the Japanese version but after we beat the Boss i got white screens.
Later I played online again and didn't find any weaps again.
Same situation anyone?

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, riiiiight.
For those complaining of not finding "good" stuff on boxes, just keep one thing in mind: PS0 (and all PSOs as well) are very anal about droping rates.
You can be lucky and get an awesome-ultra-mega-power Double Saber from from hell, with 50+ on all stats on you first quest, as you can never see a trimate comming out from a box.
Believe me, it's not personal (well, it is, the game is against you >-p).
Playing online improves drop rates, and gives more EXP, but the games is also harder.

There is one good thing on PS0: When the items came out from the box, everyone can grab'em, so it's fair for all. Back on the PSO DC days, the items were drpped from each enemy killed, so if you missed the chance, someone would grab it before you.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I use most of what's dropped either to feed my Mag or simply to sell. I've been using Monogrinds to improve the armor and weapon I have, and nothing that's dropped has been better than what I've got. Works fine for me. Only disappointment in that regard is that the customization guy doesn't add that much to your weapon's stats, and it sure costs a hell of a lot to improve.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
played this for a few hours now and i think it's awesome. First time i played a hack n slash. It's a little confusing at first but after a while you learn how to use items, mags and whatever to your advantage.
Unfourtunately i can't seem to get anyone online on wi-fi.

Scyris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone get online to work? me and my friend have the Bahamut release, and neither of us can see each other on the Wi-fi even though we both have each others friend codes.

BastarB

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, here's ANOTHER NETWORK PROBLEM with this game! Yesterday I and a friend of mine was playing around with this game over local wifi, we both used the bahamut version, and we both used two EZ flash 5 original edition! When we played, the game went out of sync. A creature that was on a particular location in game on my DS was on another location in game on my friends DS. When I stood side by side with the creature and physically hit it, my friend said that he just saw me hitting the air, he didn't see any creature by my side, since the creature that I hit was on a totally different location in his DS.
Well, I don't know if this is a bad bug in the game, or if it is related to my flashcart?? I very early also noticed that my movements on my DS was not instantly showed on my friends DS! It took about a half second for my charachter to move on my friends DS after I pressed the D-pad on my own DS! We also played kingdom hearts and that game never went out of sync!

Has anyone else got this kind of problem with hany other kinds of flashcarts??

Gunblade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it just me or is it really slow after talking to someone in story mode?
after talking to someone there is about almost a 2 second delay with a white screen before returning to the map.
is this happening to anyone else

altaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some trouble getting it to run. I'm using an Acekard 2ki with AKAIO 1.5. Tried XPA (patched and unpatched) and Bahamut, but when I boot it up I only get a white screen. With the patch, the XPA one shows something on the top screen, but is still frozen regardless. Odd considering other users said they had no problems.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scyris said:
Anyone get online to work? me and my friend have the Bahamut release, and neither of us can see each other on the Wi-fi even though we both have each others friend codes.

I tried out online play the other night, and it was pretty painless to get started. Took a few minutes to find someone, but once we were hooked up, everything worked flawlessly -- no lag, either. I wish there were more stock choices for communication, but I was surprised by how well we were still able to coordinate just using what's there. Pretty cool. It ain't no WoW or anything, but it's neat to play with actual human players.

flytree

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
irpacynot said:
I tried out online play the other night, and it was pretty painless to get started. Took a few minutes to find someone, but once we were hooked up, everything worked flawlessly -- no lag, either. I wish there were more stock choices for communication, but I was surprised by how well we were still able to coordinate just using what's there. Pretty cool. It ain't no WoW or anything, but it's neat to play with actual human players.

Which patch are you using? =0

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flytree said:
irpacynot said:

Which patch are you using? =0

Not using a patch. Playing it on my CycloDS with the latest beta firmware.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
i believe bahamut's wifi is screwed, i tried with elixir and couldn't detect. use xenophobia's.

i got a yul as a red drop
biggrin.gif

Peer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaseincats said:
*to supercard slot 2 owners*

I have found a workaround for the bug with where the menu icons turn into black bars

memorize how to get to the join/host a party

once you enter that area back out and now all icons are readable

How did you get it to actually work though. I have a supercard minisd and everything I have tried just gives me 2 white screens after the xenophobia screen. I've tried both versions unpatched and patched, and just about every option in my supercard software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu +1