DS #4778: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (USA)

Karry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
QUOTE said:
I don't personally care since it runs/saves on no$gba just fine
Bullshit, black screen after starting a new game. Works in snail-paced Desmume fine, though, but who wants to use that.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Problems on DSTT: Save problems, no encounters

Does anyone have a fix? Oh, and don't tell me to buy a new flashcart. They're horribly expensive where I live. They're almost worth my 1 month allowance.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Mei-o said:

Does anyone have a fix? Oh, and don't tell me to buy a new flashcart. They're horribly expensive where I live. They're almost worth my 1 month allowance.

for the time being ... there isn;t any fix
so we have to wait
wink.gif

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
Mei-o said:

so we have to wait
wink.gif
No firmware alternatives? haha

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Mei-o said:
elixirdream said:
Mei-o said:

so we have to wait
wink.gif

unless some updates extinfo.dat for DSTT..
otherwise, NOPE
frown.gif

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
Mei-o said:
elixirdream said:
Mei-o said:

so we have to wait
wink.gif

otherwise, NOPE
frown.gif
Is the EDGE still a good choice? It's the cheapest one available. I'd love a CycloDS though.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Mei-o said:
elixirdream said:
Mei-o said:
elixirdream said:
Mei-o said:

so we have to wait
wink.gif

otherwise, NOPE
frown.gif
Is the EDGE still a good choice? It's the cheapest one available. I'd love a CycloDS though.
Yes Edge is a good little card. I had no problems playing games. Plus the last update 1.9 plays everything.

dmitsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ganduro said:
noname9889 said:
Not necessarily. Ive always been a giant Shin Meagmi fan since playing persona 2 on the ps1 and would like to buy this game like i wanted to buy devil survivor. But im broke and dont exactly have that luxury. So you cant rip on a person, saying their not a fan just because their not paying for the game. As it turns out, people use money for a lot of things that we need to live. Games no matter how much i love them, dont outweigh eating. Because i like being able go an entire day without passing out. Consciousness is awesome like that. I will however agree with you about the whining. The patches are out when their out, shut the hell up, they know you want it, dont tell them every 2 minutes.
If you're broke and can't afford an awesome, hand-hewn oak desk, does that justify going into the store and hauling it out without paying? If you can't afford video games, that doesn't mean it's okay or morally right to pirate them. The normal response to "I can't afford video games" is "then don't play them until you can." Pirate all you want, but never try to take the moral high ground about it, because justifying piracy is nigh-impossible. Just accept that you're doing a bad thing in doing so. Or, you know, go buy the game to give the developers money so they can make more.
Shin Megami Tensei game stay in the store for like a month and after that they are only on ebay for 90 dollars and Atlus isn't even making money off of them anymore. So what then, do you wait 2 years for a possible reprint?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dmitsuki said:
Ganduro said:
noname9889 said:
Not necessarily. Ive always been a giant Shin Meagmi fan since playing persona 2 on the ps1 and would like to buy this game like i wanted to buy devil survivor. But im broke and dont exactly have that luxury. So you cant rip on a person, saying their not a fan just because their not paying for the game. As it turns out, people use money for a lot of things that we need to live. Games no matter how much i love them, dont outweigh eating. Because i like being able go an entire day without passing out. Consciousness is awesome like that. I will however agree with you about the whining. The patches are out when their out, shut the hell up, they know you want it, dont tell them every 2 minutes.
If you're broke and can't afford an awesome, hand-hewn oak desk, does that justify going into the store and hauling it out without paying? If you can't afford video games, that doesn't mean it's okay or morally right to pirate them. The normal response to "I can't afford video games" is "then don't play them until you can." Pirate all you want, but never try to take the moral high ground about it, because justifying piracy is nigh-impossible. Just accept that you're doing a bad thing in doing so. Or, you know, go buy the game to give the developers money so they can make more.
Shin Megami Tensei game stay in the store for like a month and after that they are only on ebay for 90 dollars and Atlus isn't even making money off of them anymore. So what then, do you wait 2 years for a possible reprint?
This isn't like the old days when Atlus games were difficult and rare to find.

I still see almost every recently released Atlus games in my sources. P1, P3, P4, heck, even nocturne. Well, no DDS or whatnot though.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got back from playing the game, I dont really like it but I know that other people will like it.Its just me personally I dont like random battles and the battle system in this game I prefer Devil Survivor. The graphics are pretty impressive for a DS game

manoelpdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
bik75 said:
Just got back from playing the game, I dont really like it but I know that other people will like it.Its just me personally I dont like random battles and the battle system in this game I prefer Devil Survivor. The graphics are pretty impressive for a DS game
If you dont like so why you keep playing it?
I really hope someone can find a way to play this on R4 because I'm dying to play it!

noname9889

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ganduro said:
noname9889 said:

Im not defending piracy, i understand the moral issues, i get that. I accept the legal issues and that im ripping off some developers (i would never buy a lot of the games games im playing, so its not ripping off the developer because their not getting my money anyway). All i was doing is pointing out that just because a person cant afford to actually buy a game, it doesnt mean that their not a fan. A fan of a series is the person who plays every game, and knows more about it then most, buying all the games is secondary. And id love to buy the game, i would, but im $150 in debt and living off ramen and cheap muffins for breakfest. If im gonna have money to buy it, it's just not gonna happen until i get a job. where ill then have to pay off college, bills, food that doesnt make me s**t out a kidney, etc. And if im really lucky, i might be able to get it by christmas. and you see where i have a problem with that one?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ganduro said:
noname9889 said:

If you're against pirating, why're you on this site? 90% of this site is dealing with chat about pirating. And yes, you can't download an oak desk. You cannot download hardware. You CAN, however, download software. That is what the games are. Stop using a damn flawed argument about it. IT's not an argument that works.

Can't download a real car, after, to drive around.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread =/= pirating debate. If you want people to buy the game and/or hate people pirating it, good for you. Don't make your speech here. Keep the discussion to anti-piracy or game discussion. I just don't want this thread to become yet another piracy debate thread. They end up, unsurprisingly, going no where.

ChrisABlair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Karry said:
QUOTE said:
I don't personally care since it runs/saves on no$gba just fine
Bullshit, black screen after starting a new game. Works in snail-paced Desmume fine, though, but who wants to use that.
it works in no$zoomer

too much text in this for my liking though.
I'm actually having problems running it with no$zoomer... It could be I'm an idiot, but for some reason, it hangs before the opening movie in a new game.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i just had it on a few minutes ago i got tired of reading so shut it off. i got to the part where you type your name than there was even more text after that so than got bored with it
tongue.gif

ahhh here they are the settings

these are the settings i'm using in no$zoomer 2.3.0.1 with no$gba 2.6a (ds emulator) right click as soon as you load the rom

render: directx8 - sync
size: x2.0
filter top bilinear
filter bottom: none
ratio of screen: 100%

settings i have in no$ menu settings
emulator speed: realtime/10 auto
video: 24 bit
renderer: nocash
sound: digital stereo
sound desired: 44hz
multiboot port: none
multiboot normal: medium/medium

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries