DS #5208: Goldeneye 007 (USA)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, good. I hate being on the "bandwagon." I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. Granted, I haven't played much of it yet, but I like the fact there's a good amount of focus on stealth. It gives me the gameplay I wanted from Splinter Cell DS without broken controls. My only real gripe so far is that the controls/framerate feel a bit sluggish. Otherwise, it's one of the better FPSes I've played on DS since MPH.

shitaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi could I pm any of you so I could get a hint on where to go get it please
smile.gif
Thank you

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wow...the filesize is probably bigger due to the voice acting from "M"

and the levels are NOTHING like the original. at ALL. they have no right calling it "Goldeneye"

and the framerate is something to be desired.

oh....and your health regenerates....what a copout -_-

and a shame is this is the level design based on the Wii version i'm sure...this is NOT a remake

...WTF!?

Glitch here already....close the DS while retrying a new mission when you die...and there will be no music...just voice acting.

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like it so far. Controls are decent, and the only problems I really have are bad framerate at times, not having the R trigger for aiming(or L. Just wish it wasn't on the touchscreen), and Bond moves way too slow.

For what it is, this could have been A LOT worse. Not as good as the original Goldeneye, but it's fun.
smile.gif
Really looking forward to playing it on Wii after this taste on DS. Probably play more when I wake up.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ASIDE TO BETTER THINGS :

The James Bond : Blood Stone (3rd person) DS Gameplay looks more promising -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=273400

however the site said "scores suggest that the game isn't exactly essential"

however WE say 'it might be worth a download'
wink.gif

On Topic - wow...gotta love the iPhone looking detonator in this game.

even bond has one xD

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I played the first mission from this, gotta say, its somewhat like CoD on DS with a Bond mod. Sure, graphics arent that good (ok seriously, theyre bad) but I enjoy it, looking forward to playing this on wi-fi and on Wii also.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wait for Blood Stone guys : P

it will be worth it
biggrin.gif

because I can guarantee that I will be playing that more than this

it's already been "released" on PC...so it will only be a matter of time : P

on topic - god damn..that was the most easiest hacking minigame I EVER played...they don't make em like they used to...

*Star Wars Lethal Alliance*

by the way..this game has a anti (rpe and run) LOL (some games have that)

you can't just say "screw the enemies...I have enough health I can get to the objective and have them rpe you with gunfire and bullets..

no you die instantly...even with a full bar of health ._

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was gonna download it but heard it was not that good and was boring and the buttons where hard to use and stuff

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ringo619 said:
was gonna download it but heard it was not that good and was boring and the buttons where hard to use and stuff

wait for Blood Stone...it should be good...lol although Kotaku criticized it with a "lot of running"

and the comments were mostly circulating about how epic during Bond's arms flail while running xD

on topic - this game and thousands more suffer from the "red barrel" syndrome....I don't need to say anymore about that ._.

kinda didn't wish Trevlan didn't work with you on the first mission...that's not like the N64 one at all ._.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As its from Activision I think I will do the only decent thing…. Fire up the N64 and play the original…. If I play this DS version, as the saying goes “this can’t end well”

Edited, ooops

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not disagreeing, but I find it funny how these days games are considered shite because the levels are new.
If these companies do listen to us, soon we'll be playing snes-era games with shiner grafx in a few years.
If they don't, we'll be reading articles on how all this creativity garbage is ruining gaming
unsure.gif

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
I'm not disagreeing, but I find it funny how these days games are considered shite because the levels are new.
If these companies do listen to us, soon we'll be playing snes-era games with shiner grafx in a few years.
If they don't, we'll be reading articles on how all this creativity garbage is ruining gaming
unsure.gif

well it IS named after an already existent game..and the fans did ask for a remake..

which this is not.

would it would have been kick ass to have this game a remake...but then again...it would be predictable...

now Chrono Trigger DS didn't change anything almost...except for a few weapon items and removed some script (which god knows why they did that)...and people complained that they wanted a graphic increase...so I guess there will always be critics...

but on topic - why am I still playing this game?....is it because it's actually somewhat entertaining?
unsure.gif

QUOTE(funem @ Nov 3 2010, 01:29 PM) As its from EA I think I will do the only decent thing…. Fire up the N64 and play the original…. If I play this DS version, as the saying goes “this can’t end well”

and I couldn't agree anymore...this is pretty much the STORYLINE of 007 Goldeneye...and that's it. New Bond. New Levels..I haven't even seen the scene where the snap that guy's neck pissing..I could have sworn that they showed a split second of that in the Wii Trailer...I have both Perfect Dark and 007..So I might give those a go
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lmao +1