Achievements leak again for rumoured Goldeneye 007 port

GoldenEye007box.jpg

Back in January, rumours began circulating that Microsoft would be releasing a port of Goldeneye 007 after an achievement list was spotted by achievement tracking website TrueAchievements. Since then, there have been a number of small incidents to support the idea. In February, Giant Bomb's Jeff Grubb and VideoGamesChronicle both claimed to have been told by industry insiders that the game would be released soon. Next month, VGC spotted a trademark renewal for Goldeneye 007 that applies to "downloadable electronic game software" (among other things), and around the same time, Grubb speculated that the release may have been delayed given the plot's focus on Russian military operations.

After a few months of silence, popular Twitter user Wario64 spotted the achievements list now viewable on Xbox's official website, though they've since been removed. The list mostly matched with the leak in January, though some achievement names and art had reportedly been altered. If you'd like to see the full list of achievements, you can see it on TrueAchievements here.

If the port is indeed real, we'll likely hear about it this Sunday at the Xbox showcase.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bet its just the 360 version that weve all played already. Hopefully it will have had some next gen sparkle added tho.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cool, one more game behind a monthly payment that anyone can play for free today.

It will be hilarious if they even go full sony and put the wrong ROM.
If they give it online play, that alone would be worth the price of entry since Goldeneye Source is all but dead. If not, well then yeah, of course people will stick with emulation.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is a Perfect Dark XBLA style remaster then I could see it making a dent (granted I would say play Perfect Dark XBLA instead -- way better game overall). Otherwise I would wonder if nostalgia is a fickle mistress and revisiting such things will not amount to much.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
As much as I would love to be hopeful in this I am not expecting much of a likely scenario following.
I believe that Nintendo was either the publisher or the producer (or both) while rare was the developer, and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer owns the movie (the movie came from a novel).

So that's why is tricky to officially release it. If Microsoft figured out a path, and it involved agreement with Nintendo, then I believe that releasing on Switch is on the table.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that Nintendo was either the publisher or the producer (or both) while rare was the developer, and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer owns the movie (the movie came from a novel).

So that's why is tricky to officially release it. If Microsoft figured out a path, and it involved agreement with Nintendo, then I believe that releasing on Switch is on the table.
I heard it was less about Nintendo at all in the matter (if that was the case I would imagine Banjo would have been its own mess of release on xbox) and more so about EON being the ones preventing release since they hold the rights to James Bond and them having very, very strict mentality with how they want their media to be released. Supposedly the 360 version was rejected because the game featured a previous Bond and it would have released alongside Daniel Craig's run of Bond, which EON saw as a conflict in promoting the current properties.

The only seeming exception being "From Russia with Love" which released as Sean Connery's Bond as a game, but this released between Bond's recasting so that might have been the loophole.

We might be seeing that loophole come back into full effect again here with Goldeneye since Craig's run is done now, and there is no new Bond announced yet or new Bond movies for awhile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!