Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
The DS is only able to handle the absolutely, completely, pitifully-useless WEP encryption method.

Even if you invest in a DSi, which supports WPA, any pre-DSi online games still can't use it.

hate2.gif

That sucks.

...The end!

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I hate that too, but good news! It doesn't just support WEP:

It also supports unencrypted networks.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wi-Fi connector sucks though and is only useful if you have no router at all... I'm sure i'm not the only one who doesn't want their PC on the whole time they're playing their DS. Besides I think this is mainly a complaint about the DSi not being able to support WPA on most DS games (I'm sure there must have been some way they could have allowed it, faking the old protocols or something)

D

Deleted User

purplesludge said:
Have you tried connectify. It's pretty handy when you only need a temporary network or are too cheap to buy a router.
I could use this. Thanks for sharing!

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I've used the Wifi Connector in the past. But now I've got a full-fledged router, so I don't have to use that cruddy, overheating sucker anymore.
Besides, if you've got a Wifi Connector, you can't use many online-enabled homebrew apps, because the connector has to be all fancy and encrypt all the data with different numbers and letters and stuff.

And sure, I know it can use use unencrypted networks, but I'd rather not have the neighbors use my network connection for God-knows-what. It's just me being paranoid.
laugh.gif

C

CasperH

geoflcl said:
I've used the Wifi Connector in the past. But now I've got a full-fledged router, so I don't have to use that cruddy, overheating sucker anymore.
Besides, if you've got a Wifi Connector, you can't use many online-enabled homebrew apps, because the connector has to be all fancy and encrypt all the data with different numbers and letters and stuff.

And sure, I know it can use use unencrypted networks, but I'd rather not have the neighbors use my network connection for God-knows-what. It's just me being paranoid.
laugh.gif
MAC address filtering
lecture.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
geoflcl said:
thats why you can turn it into a soft ap

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the Official wifi adapter, it was good for a while, but soon enough turned to shit with massive overheating problems.

I tried to do that Soft ap thing but couldn't get it to work at all.

These days, I just have a Belkin Wireless N router, bought it by checking Nintendo's list of recommended routers. It's actually served us very well, now my laptop, mum's laptop, Wii, DSi, iPod touch and 360 are all on it, working flawlessly.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that sucker would always overheat.

Welllllll, I was just in a pissy mood yesterday. Not too angry about it anymore now.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169