DS #DSi 0081: Pocket Monsters: Black (Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhcpmikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah well, i got both off and it works. I read somewhere else that it is required to disable both the options, but it doesn't really matter.

Anyone knows how i can get past the area where i'm stuck in
smile.gif
?

ralph9994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
with the exp patch applyed 100% working on AKAIO 7.iforget. on acekard 2i of course

Freaking Awesome!!

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so first they going to say they cant find it, next they going to ask for an ap/piracy fix, and then they going to ask for ppl to make an english patch..... freaking noobs, how about you wait for the english version come for the english patch.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
moerik said:
Maverick-jin8 said:
Is there a way to get the C Gear working while playing on an R4 Wood? I can avoid having it turned on automatically, but if I turn it on at all the game freezes.
You need IR (infrared sensor) for it to work, since all flash carts don't have it, it crashes.
AND NO THERE IS NO FIX, for it!!!

NOT true. can use Wireless and Wi-Fi as well. It is another AP measure, it can be patched... people are working on that.

D

Deleted_171835

Daddy24 said:
Just a question : it is labeled as Dsi #80.Does this means it's Dsi Only ; or some features are disabled on normal DS ?.
It's labeled like that because it has DSi-enhanced features.
It still works on a regular DS/Lite.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A matter of time before an english patch for menu/items/moves/pokemon names comes out and the flood here begins once more.

moerik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
moerik said:
Maverick-jin8 said:
Is there a way to get the C Gear working while playing on an R4 Wood? I can avoid having it turned on automatically, but if I turn it on at all the game freezes.
You need IR (infrared sensor) for it to work, since all flash carts don't have it, it crashes.
AND NO THERE IS NO FIX, for it!!!

NOT true. can use Wireless and Wi-Fi as well. It is another AP measure, it can be patched... people are working on that.
thank you, for correcting my theory.

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I was looking at release page and saw unknown game called pocket monsters with 20 pages.
I thought: WTF is that, must be a good game if it has 20 pages already...
I only now realized it's actually Pokemon game.
I LOL-ed (I really did) and I had to type this.

If I'm trolling, I apologize in advance because it's not my intention, but... what's so special about Pokemon?
I really tried to like them but I just couldn't. I tried it on Platinum and I didn't like it because whole game is pure grinding and I hate grinding; is this one different?
Should I use cheats to level up Pokemons because story and combat are good or is the grinding the point of the whole game?

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Grinding? Are you serious? As long as you defeat most of the Pokemon you encounter, and battle most trainers on every route you traverse on, then you shouldn't be having a hard time with any Pokemon game, including Platinum.

Black and White are a lot harder than any other Pokemon game I've played, so I suggest if you don't like grinding, don't get this game.

Also, cheating takes the fun out of the game, so don't bother.

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I wasn't having a hard time, I just felt like - oh, I got this Pokemon now, I got that Pokemon now but he's lvl 2 so wtf am I gonna do with him and stuff like that.
I felt like random encounters are too often and then the game felt more like a chore than fun. I was leveling a fire Pokemon to kill all those wood ones but then a water Pokemon came and I didn't have high-enough-level wood Pokemon to counter. I felt like I would have to grind some levels for every type of Pokemon and just gave up.
Maybe it's the whole "gotta have them all" commercials or something like that so I was doing it wrong (capturing all new Pokemon I found and stuff like that), but that's exactly why I asked here to see if that's a wrong way to do it and to find out what's the proper way to do it.

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well there are 18 (17?) types, including fire, grass (lol wood), water, dark, psychic etc, and they all have strengths and weaknesses, you just have to figure out what's good against what, and make a balanced team.

Although Pokemon Black and White are harder, the wild Pokemon are much higher level than other games. I was walking along Route 3 in these dark patches of grass, and I encountered 2 Pokemon (2 on 2) and they were both Lv.16 and almost wiped out my team because they were so strong. That was on ROUTE 3!

anyway, tl;dr you gotta know what's good against what, and if you want to catch higher leveled wild Pokemon, get Black/White.

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I might like them then. I'll probably wait for U version because I'm gonna finish Layton and Last Window and I also have to finish college, lol.
Thanks for your explanations.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
C'mon, now! You don't like grinding? You don't like doing the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again?

With that attitude you're eliminating half of the video games developed for the DS!

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's probably more than half imo.
It's not that I don't like doing the same thing again and again (I passed Metroid Zero Mission, Fusion and Super Metroid like 100 times combined and also super mario world and new super mario bros a lot of times too.)
In turn based stuff, I play heroes of might and magic (PC) and I played a lot of fallout 1, 2 and 3 and I play chess, connect 4, reversy and stuff like that.
I enjoyed shin megami tensei but I didn't finish it (stopped playing at like 80%, got sick of it and watched the last 20% on YouTube).

Pokemon somehow didn't do that for me, it felt more like a chore than fun (I wouldn't like super mario games if it said: to pass the world 5l, you must pass world 1 10 more times)

Maybe if there's ability to enable quick combat like in heroes of might and magic so the AI takes care of those low level losers for you and then you can have more time to do the fun stuff yourself. Dunno...

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I agree. I keep giving Pokemon a chance every time a new game comes out. And I genuinely enjoy the collecting aspect.

Pokemon always requires a silly amount of level grinding.

The Square Enix solution of the little timer bar (eg Chrono Trigger, FF7), basically requiring you to learn how to rifle through the menus as quickly as possible in an attempt to make the dullness of level grinding more exciting is a very bad solution to this problem. Considering how boring level grinding is, having it be mindless at least lets you space out while you're doing it.

The Nintendo Mario RPG solution of pressing the button at exactly super perfectly the exact micromillinanosecond is not much better either.

I swear, just be a little more generous with experience points and the problem is partially solved.

therealssjlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I've been playing this game for a while and just needed to know:

Is it a rom/flashcart issue or does the game have a lot of lag when you enter into new areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo