DS #DSi 0081: Pocket Monsters: Black (Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
therealssjlink said:
Alright, so I've been playing this game for a while and just needed to know:

Is it a rom/flashcart issue or does the game have a lot of lag when you enter into new areas?

Most likely your SD Card. Also, is it formatted as FAT or FAT32?

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
regnad said:
The Square Enix solution of the little timer bar (eg Chrono Trigger, FF7), basically requiring you to learn how to rifle through the menus as quickly as possible in an attempt to make the dullness of level grinding more exciting is a very bad solution to this problem. Considering how boring level grinding is, having it be mindless at least lets you space out while you're doing it.

I agree on the FF-series, but not on Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger didn't require any level grinding at all. It was perfectly beatable without ever grinding and didn't even take any special skills for that. Plus the game had a good reason to use that battle system: It went well with the game's real-time-aspect (you know, monsters being right on the level map etc.) and put some action into it. In the FF-series, however (or at least the games I've played from that series) you're already required to go grinding at the very beginning of the game while the game wouldn't even need a battle system like that, due to how animation- and motionless it is. However, I think when it comes to grinding it doesn't matter which battle system a game has anyways, because when you're grinding all you're doing is hitting the A-button over and over again anyways. This works for almost any battle system with turn-based/non-real-time aspects.

Kaysakado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer to this is probably going to end up being really obvious, but I've been searching around all day and haven't found any answers. I'm using a Supercard DSOne, and I'm having some issues with saving. When I set a 512kb or lower save file size, my save file doesn't show up in the main menu, and my game freezes when Araragi shows up (this is the only freezing or black/white screen I've encountered so far). When I set a 1MB or higher, it seemed to work fine the first few times - I saved and reloaded just fine, but after a certain point, it never worked. I've already applied the patch and I'm gaining experience just fine, and like I mentioned earlier, the game never randomly froze up. This has happened with a few other games, but I've never really cared that much to properly ask about it rather than just try and find an answer until now.

EDIT: I also have DSTT to try this on, if that helps.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
Any word on an English patch for the commands/moves like we got for the last Pokemon?
Here's a better project
wink.gif

http://kazowar.pbworks.com/

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Was there a re-dump of this game from Bahamut? Pokemon Black crashes on me when I attempt to use the union room in a Pokemon center, but only for Pokemon Black! I am using AKAIO 1.8.1 with 10/23/2010 loaders, AK2i HW 81, Clean Japanese ROM patched with only the English Translation patch O.R. V4.

Yes I have tried all DMA modes with both Anti-Anti-Piracy ON and OFF.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
chemistryfreak said:
So now there is a total of 649 Pokemon Huh~ Wow
Making that comment was really worth bumping a dead thread over?
QUOTE(chemistryfreak @ Dec 20 2010, 07:27 PM) So now there is a total of 649 Pokemon Huh~ Wow

Anyway i have the same problem as DJ91990. I have applied the latest Rudolph's Universal Child's Play Patch (BLACK&WHITE) that fixes the Pokemon Union problem but it does not seem to work. I tried on AK2i (AKAIO 1.8.1) and Edge (2.0)
Keep that comment in the thread it belongs in and don't just bump an already dead thread with a pointless comment

rtd343

Trophies
XP
Country
truly amazing game played like 50 hours plus still not bored but 649 pokemon to get gunneh be a challenge and a half

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried playing, but it's just not the same. I can't bring myself to progress past the first gym without becoming bored of it.

I wonder if my opinion will change after playing the (real) English version, but I don't see it changing drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.