Gaming DS Games Based on Animes

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
These haven't been mentioned yet I believe... Also, some of these began as games, or manga, or novels, etc but have an anime associated with it.
rolleyes.gif

Crayon Shinchan - Arashi wo Yobu Cinema Land

Disgaea - Hour of Darkness

Hayate no Gotoku Ojousama Produce Daisakusen Oyashiki hen

Katekyoo Hitman Reborn Fate of Heat

Lucky Star Moe Drill
Lucky Star Moe Drill Tabidachi

Moetan DS

Neon Genesis Evangelion Ayanami Ikusei Keikaku DS with Asuka Hokan Keikaku

Rosario to Vampire - Tanabata no Miss Youkai Gakuen

Tsubasa Chronicle
Tsubasa Chronicle Vol 2

Shakugan no Shana DS

Ys DS
Ys II DS

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A lot don't realize it, but a great deal of anime is actually indeed based on games. A surprising amount of anime began as hentai games of the dating sim variety.

Although generally anime begins as manga in most cases.

samuraibunny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sapiar said:
digimon games are the only anime based games that are fun.all the other ones arent.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you can say that for sure unless you have played other anime based games.

On Topic: I strongly don't believe that and of the FF games belong on this list. Even if FF7: Advent Children is an anime, the other games in the series does not have ANYTHING to do with FF7 except for the name. Besides, FF3 and FF4 (the originals) were made before the anime.

And I also don't think that Pokemon should be on the list either. True, there is the ever ongoing anime, but if we're talking about the Western copies of the game and anime, there isn't that much of a similarity. In the anime, there's different towns and names, and the only similarities are the Pokemon themselves and again, the franchise name.

*rant rant*

Anyways, yeah... I like your idea of the list though!
smile.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
samuraibunny said:
sapiar said:
digimon games are the only anime based games that are fun.all the other ones arent.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you can say that for sure unless you have played other anime based games.

On Topic: I strongly don't believe that and of the FF games belong on this list. Even if FF7: Advent Children is an anime, the other games in the series does not have ANYTHING to do with FF7 except for the name. Besides, FF3 and FF4 (the originals) were made before the anime.

And I also don't think that Pokemon should be on the list either. True, there is the ever ongoing anime, but if we're talking about the Western copies of the game and anime, there isn't that much of a similarity. In the anime, there's different towns and names, and the only similarities are the Pokemon themselves and again, the franchise name.

*rant rant*

smile.gif
the pokemon games play in a parallel universe to the anime where events happened just a tad different >_>

anyway, names of all important towns and people are the same in both the anime and the games.
every gym leader in the anime has his/her gym in/near the same town as in the game, also several other characters play a role in both the anime and games(like dawn, may, the professors)

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
samuraibunny said:
sapiar said:

*rant rant*

smile.gif

Haha, you're right. I'll take them off.

To everyone else:
I dunno, animes that are based off of games- should I take those off?
If so, please provide me with the names of the games that should be taken off. Thanks. =))

thedicemaster:
Should I take the JSS/JUS games off? =S

AbyssalTears:
Yes, that's right. If you want, I could label which ones have a US or EU release, but it might take a tad bit of time. Please let me know if you want that.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sticks said:
These haven't been mentioned yet I believe... Also, some of these began as games, or manga, or novels, etc but have an anime associated with it.
rolleyes.gif
Well, if you're going to be like that, they made a Final Fantasy anime, didn't they? And a Mario anime, even.

These games were primarily famous as games first and anime second (basically, cases where the game is not likely to be based on the anime):
QUOTE-Digimon everything
-Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (although it did have those weird anime-episode style previews at the end of each chapter in the game itself...)
-Megaman everything
-Pokemon everything
-Sonic Rush
-Sonic Rush Adventure
-Xenosaga I & II
-Ys DS
-Ys II DS
-Ragnarok DS

-Yu-Gi-Oh! is a special case. Some of the games are based on the anime; others are not (in general, the 'world championship' games have little to do with the anime, aside from occasional cameos as opponents; while the others in the series follow the anime plot with the player as the main character and, bizarrely, the normal main character bumped down to a minor role. Which makes it feel a bit like Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged series -- you keep expecting the main character to get furious at you for stealing their screen time...)

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm well i know theres more than one hitman game... cbb naming it though.
Also randomly saw this in gamefaqs...Hi! HamTaro Ham-Ham Challenge...yes hamtaro is super lame, but it is an anime lol

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There's Dragonball Z Harukanaru Densetsu, Zoids Saga and Zoids Battle Colosseum. Both the Zoids games are J only.
EDIT: There's also Zoids Dash.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
This Games dont are on the list:

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble Mukuro Kyoushuu

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble Kaien Ring Soudatsuen!

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble Hyper - Moeyo Mirai

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! DS Shinuki Max! Bongore Carnivale

And I know more who dont are in the list, but i will post it later.

Se'ya

P.d. And Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Fate of Heat is only with one "o"

samuraibunny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blastimpulseee said:
samuraibunny said:
sapiar said:

*rant rant*

smile.gif

Haha, you're right. I'll take them off.

To everyone else:
I dunno, animes that are based off of games- should I take those off?
If so, please provide me with the names of the games that should be taken off. Thanks. =))

thedicemaster:
Should I take the JSS/JUS games off? =S

AbyssalTears:
Yes, that's right. If you want, I could label which ones have a US or EU release, but it might take a tad bit of time. Please let me know if you want that.

For JSS and JUS, they are exceptional, so I think you should still have them on the list, but they should have their own... Section? Something that just points out they are special and not exactly anime based.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the updates everyone!

I was wondering if I should split the list into 2 lists:

1 - Games -> Anime

2 - Anime -> Games

Know what I mean? Only thing is, I have NO idea which ones are which except for some like Xenosaga, Dragonball, etc.
If I could get some help, I'll split the list, but I'll leave it as is until then.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
You mean Games who inspired animes Like Disgaea , And Animes Like Dragon Ball Who became a game, So i think more than split you should sub-divide them on : [I mean like the examples down]

*Genre

*Anime-Game/Game-Anime

Or something like that, Because some games like the pachinko ones are so not good at least for me,Well i add some ones:

Hokuto no Ken: Hokuto Kami Denshoumono no Michi (if you will add genre and anime:)

Genre: Action

Anime/Game:Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the north star)

Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken

Genre: Pachinko

Anime/Game: Hokuto no Ken

Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken SE DS

Kidou Senshi Gundam OO

Anime/Game: Gundam OO

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Anime/Game: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Disgaea : Hour of Darkness

Genre: RPG/Strategy

Game/Anime: Disgaea

Bleach DS 2nd / Usa Version who will come calls Bleach Dark Souls

Genre: Fighting

Anime/Game: Bleach

Uhmmm.... Well You only add good games or all games (I think its all, right?), So i will add more tomorrow,And Region maybe its good, Because if this list became so good it maybe be a sticky dont you think?, Game Covers Will be good also...

Se'ya

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Uzumakijl said:
You mean Games who inspired animes Like Disgaea , And Animes Like Dragon Ball Who became a game, So i think more than split you should sub-divide them on : [I mean like the examples down]

*Genre

*Anime-Game/Game-Anime

Or something like that, Because some games like the pachinko ones are so not good at least for me,Well i add some ones:

Hokuto no Ken: Hokuto Kami Denshoumono no Michi (if you will add genre and anime:)

Anime/Game:Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the north star)

Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken

Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken SE DS

Kidou Senshi Gundam OO

Anime/Game: Gundam OO

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Anime/Game: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Disgaea : Hour of Darkness

Genre: RPG/Strategy

Game/Anime: Disgaea

Bleach DS 2nd / Usa Version who will come calls Bleach Dark Souls

Genre: Fighting

Anime/Game: Bleach

Uhmmm.... Well You only add good games or all games (I think its all, right?), So i will add more tomorrow,And Region maybe its good, Because if this list became so good it maybe be a sticky dont you think?, Game Covers Will be good also...

Se'ya

That's a good idea actually. I never though of putting the genre down with it.
Game covers may take up a bit too much space. =\

And yes, all games will be added not just the 'good' ones.
Thanks for your help, I might consider adding some parts to the list.

samuraibunny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about also adding the region(s) the game is released to and if they are not in English yet, have a description from those who have played the game saying if the game is playable to a certain degree for non Japanese people.

For example, JUS. It is easy to play without any knowledge of Japanese, but it would be more enjoyable, especially when you're building a deck, to have an English patch applied to the game.

On the other hand, Death Note: Kira Game is pretty much a text based game and I would not suggest it for anyone that is looking for an easy to understand Japanese game.

Something like that, I guess? Just a suggestion though.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9agLk1_faxk