Translator and romhacker wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
My DS's touchscreen sensitivity is kinda screwed and not getting the movements right... suddenly, I feel the need of games that don't use the touchscreen at all.

Please suggest games I could play fine not using the touchscreen commands.
I like any kind of action games and Rpgs, I also am not scared of playing japanese games. Been currently playing both Megaman ZX and Ys.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
The newly released Gundam 00 for one. Takes a bit of getting used to but extremely fun once you've gotten the hang of it.

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it hasn't been said before, Soma Bringer.

Excellent production value
yaynds.gif

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-Geometry Wars
-Contra 4
-Mario Kart
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Zelda PH (with a hack)
-Worms 2

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
GBA games.

You should try them.

Also; Phoenix wright, most RPG's on the DS, Sonic Rush, Mario Kart DS, Mortal Kombat DS, Geometry wars Galaxies.

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you tried calibrating the touch screen already, right?
The two Advance Wars don't really need the touch screen.
Then there's Jump Ultimate Stars, or Mario Kart.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Gian said:
Yeah I tried, a lot of times, it just keeps inputting random directions at the screen without me touching it at all. Hell, I can't even use the transport option from Megaman ZX Advent anymore - the map keeps jumping and I can't select the location I want to go properly
hate2.gif

Geometry Wars needs touchscreen command to fire or move, I don't think I can play it with buttons only.
Also, I think Pokemon accepts touchscreen commands and they can't be disabled, so that's not a valid option for me too. Same goes with the Phoenix Wright series as the touchscreen works as a forward button and it can't be disabled.

I'm going to try Animal Crossing, Gundam 00, Rune Factory, Soma Bringer and Ffta2. The other games mentioned are already at my flashcart
yaynds.gif

Please keep suggesting games, thanks everyone for your attention in here
happy.gif

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jei said:
Gian said:
Geometry Wars needs touchscreen command to fire or move, I don't think I can play it with buttons only.

There is an option for buttons only. Just use the directional pad to move and ABXY to fire.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jei said:
Gian said:
Yeah I tried, a lot of times, it just keeps inputting random directions at the screen without me touching it at all. Hell, I can't even use the transport option from Megaman ZX Advent anymore - the map keeps jumping and I can't select the location I want to go properly
hate2.gif

Also, I think Pokemon accepts touchscreen commands and they can't be disabled, so that's not a valid option for me too. Same goes with the Phoenix Wright series as the touchscreen works as a forward button and it can't be disabled.
Geometry Wars can be played using the D-pad for movement and the ABXY buttons for firing.

Pokemon accepts touchscreen commands, but the buttons work as well. The only times I've been forced to use the touchscreen have been Poffin(sp?) making, Global Trade Center, and Underground. Everywhere else you should be fine.

Phoenix Wright can be played entirely with the buttons, except for case 1-5. A works as the forward button, X presents stuff, L is Press (In court), R is the Court Record. L also scrolls the big two screen areas during investigations.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Pokemon uses touchscreen when you're playing a new game, but it's just once though, but still, it's a must. but I think you'll pass it

chess master: art of learning, Need for Speed ProStreet, Phoenix Wright 1(excwpt 1-5),2,3 (no no 4 for you, you have to use touchscreen even in training case), Yu-Gi-Oh 2008, Animal Crossing, FF3, Age of Empires. There are many more, but I can't seem to remember them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one