Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How am I supposed to do that?
Press select on the game in DSiMenu++, then scroll 'til you see the option.
EDIT: The problem is that after starting a new game it will just loop endlessly to the title screen.
Sounds like an AP issue. Try checking if there's an AP patch in the AP patch preservation thread.

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, its me again. Recently updated to version 6.0.0, and here's the results of my tests with the ROMs i played. Remember i'm using an Old 3DS and Class 10 Ultra SanDisk Micro SD 32GB.
-Pokémon Platinum (U) still works flawlessly. Got to the first Galactic Admin battle, and the "pixel" effect on the "G" in the battle transition works on DSiMenu++ v6.0.0. I remember emulators like DeSmuME couldn't display this visual effect. Didn't tested Diamond or Pearl, but i guess its safe to say they also work flawlessly.
-Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver (U) - both work. DSiMenu++ can bypass the initial black screen at the introdution on Clean ROMs, but my SoulSilver ROM crashed in an Wild Battle (black screen after transiction, but music still playing). I'm trying the HG (Xenophobia) ROM now, still early in the game, just finished first rival battle, still no crashes. But here's something: HG and SS have the same behavior of BW1 and BW2, so they just lang a little to load new graphics. This happens while transition to another area of the map, when the game starts a new wild battle, when the grass animation appears (it should appear alongside of the black bar, but it appear before, like in D/P games), and when trainers release they Pokémon in battle.
I'll talk about the VRAM Boost function later...
-Generation 5 Pokémon are still the same. With AP patch and prefetch off, they work, but hang to load the graphics. Same thing as in v5.5.1.
-Bug found in v6.0.0-
After soft-reseting to go back to DSi Menu, icons are wrong or glitched. Normal NDS icons will all be the same icon (like Pokémon HG with Platinum's icon too), and Pokémon White 2 always having a glitched icon animation, like it was corrupted. Moving the cursor to the end of the list will quickly fix it, but its something that never happened in v5.5.1.

-About the VRAM Boost feature-
*On Pokémon HeartGold: Default, of On, it didn't do anything, still hangs to load graphics. Changing the clock speed also doesn't do anything.
*On Pokémon White 1 and White 2: VRAM Boost ON + TWL clock speed actually made the lag even worse. VRAM Boost ON + Default clock speed seens to be the best option. Maybe its me, but its slightly faster to load the graphics, its a very small increase.

Does this VRAM Boost consumes more batery life? How does this work?
Anyway. These are the results of my tests. I hope you find these info useful.

t0w3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried PortalDS and DSCraft with the latest hb-bootstrap, booting with unlaunch. As expected the game works, but no touchscreen is enabled. To enable it I need to start DSiMenu++ with DSiWareHax.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Deadniel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
themeplaza.eu
XP
Country
Peru
Hello. I was trying to find maybe a .bmp or .png image to change the wallpaper of the DSi but I haven't had any success.
I found these pictures so you can understand what I'm talking about.
Default wallpaper: (www deskgram org/p/1811097487742999967_1635806373)
Custom wallpaper: (www deskgram org/p/1829437858650510498_7130765569)
May you help me? Thanks :)

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I was trying to find maybe a .bmp or .png image to change the wallpaper of the DSi but I haven't had any success.
I found these pictures so you can understand what I'm talking about.
Default wallpaper: (www deskgram org/p/1811097487742999967_1635806373)
Custom wallpaper: (www deskgram org/p/1829437858650510498_7130765569)
May you help me? Thanks :)
Sure. In the path \_nds\dsimenuplusplus, replace photo.bmp with a bmp image of the same resolution. 208x156. If that image file doesn't already exist, create it.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,
Reactions: Tarmfot

Raulix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a patch that can fix multiplayer problems with DSiMenu++?
Like, If "New Super Mario Bros" doesn't work with multiplayer can a patch just, fix the problem?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a patch that can fix multiplayer problems with DSiMenu++?
Like, If "New Super Mario Bros" doesn't work with multiplayer can a patch just, fix the problem?
No. The issue is on nds-bootstrap's side.
Also, card-to-card multiplayer should still work.

Deadniel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
themeplaza.eu
XP
Country
Peru
Sure. In the path \_nds\dsimenuplusplus, replace photo.bmp with a bmp image of the same resolution. 208x156. If that image file doesn't already exist, create it.

Thanks a lot! It worked! That image file didn't exist btw.
(That wallpaper kills me lmao)

Attachments

• Csssaptura.PNG
    Csssaptura.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 347

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let me ask here aswell, does someone know about the issue with local multiplayer ? Aka DS Download Play.
Doesn't work with the current iteration.
The dev of the app quite literally just answered your question 4 posts above yours lol.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

t0w3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sometimes the sound glitches with me, either rapidly going to max volume out of nowhere (in Gen 5 Pokemon) or turning the sound off (Pokemon HGSS)

Raulix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Huh, let me guess. Card-to-card multiplayer works if both persons have DSiMenu++? I tested that with my brothers DSi and It doesn't work.

Club Penguin Elite Penguin Force freezes when trying to Host/Join.
Super Mario 64 DS just softlocks.
Kirby Super Star Ultra doesn't work either.
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 says "Communication Error"

Also I have other things to say:
Some games have glitched audio or the audio glitch when lowering down the volume.
Games Icons repeat themselves when rebooting.
I hope that DS Download Play is going to be a thing in DSiMenu++
And well, other games softlock when trying to host card-to-card multiplayer or ds download.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, let me guess. Card-to-card multiplayer works if both persons have DSiMenu++? I tested that with my brothers DSi and It doesn't work.

Club Penguin Elite Penguin Force freezes when trying to Host/Join.
Super Mario 64 DS just softlocks.
Kirby Super Star Ultra doesn't work either.
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 says "Communication Error"

Also I have other things to say:
Some games have glitched audio or the audio glitch when lowering down the volume.
Games Icons repeat themselves when rebooting.
I hope that DS Download Play is going to be a thing in DSiMenu++
And well, other games softlock when trying to host card-to-card multiplayer or ds download.
Card-to-Card multiplayer does not involve DS Download Play. It involves both people running the same ROM or cart.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are whats been Tested working on my New 2DS Luma B9 running off a 16 gb sd sandisk micro card.
posting what i didnt see on the list I could of missed them but these are what im running just fine so I figured id share.

By the way this is pure genius! I didnt want to try to run patches on this new system for my old r4 to maybe work so this just save me a headache, thank you so much!

All were booted & tested to the to the start of in game where I could save:

Sims 3
Sims 2
Sims 2 Urbz - some crackling here & there
Pokemon White Rom hack - Omega Paradox
My Sims
My Sims Kingdom
My Friends
Spore Creatures
Simcity creator - Some Crackling here & there
Populous
Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardy