Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, I also checked other games, KH 358/2 days has music problems now, it stops for brief seconds, and when it comes back it sounds like a broken record, only to sound normally again (for the record, before I updated all of the games ran fine with the widescreen patch, dsi vram and TWL clock speed, some of them with cheats to utilize Zr and Zl buttons, and c-nub too, and also I have higher sound quality turned on) I need to turn off the clock speed and vram for the game to work, otherwise all I get is a white screen
Not working at all on my side (EUR version, tested on O3DS).

EDIT : I tested other games like both ZELDA's and the same happened. I desactivated circle pad patches and everything is back to normal except that circle pad mods are gone for affected games. I did not test this feature that much in the past but it seems that patches are activated by default so you have to manually disable them.

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

Deleted member 698398

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I saw you guys were talking about removing the option to launch the slot-2 card from the new AK theme because GBARunner3 doesn't have a built in GUI anymore. It would be cool if it was a option to launch slot-1 instead if you're a softmodded DSi/3DS user.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw you guys were talking about removing the option to launch the slot-2 card from the new AK theme because GBARunner3 doesn't have a built in GUI anymore. It would be cool if it was a option to launch slot-1 instead of you're a softmodded DSi/3DS user.
Where did we talk about that?

HK$

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Now we have ntboot for dsi, is it possible to get rid of dsi's official FW and install TWLMenu++ entirly to emmc?

ebussy_foot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we have ntboot for dsi, is it possible to get rid of dsi's official FW and install TWLMenu++ entirly to emmc?
I don't think twilight menu itself supports running off the internal nand. So no. Besides, with unlaunch autobooting twilight menu from the SD, what's really the difference?

v27.2.0 New

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v27.2.0: Return of Wood UI
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.5.1 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• You've asked, we listened, and now after nearly 4 years, the Wood UI theme returns to TWiLight Menu++! Thank you for your longtime patience!
  • @mentusfentus, @DieGo367, and @edo9300: DS Classic Menu has been improved to closely resemble the original DS/DS Lite menu as possible, with additions such as analog clock, calendar, name display, and more!
  • Added a feature to change where DS(i) save files are placed. By default, they are placed in the `saves` folder in the same location as the ROMs, but can be changed to place them straight in the ROM folder, or in a `saves` folder within the `TWiLightMenu` folder (similar to RetroArch).
    • Placing the saves in the ROM folder will disable save slots in order to not slow down loading the ROM folder too much.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed a long-standing bug where the icon palettes would sometimes appear glitched in the R4 theme and DS Classic Menu.
  • Some minor fixes.

Known issues​

• As the Wood UI theme has been re-written using the R4 theme as the base (as a way to work around the SD corruption bug), elements of the R4 theme have been left over, such as the message box (used by per-game settings and cheat menus, as well as general messages), English-only text, and the code which loads the game icons and infos (scrolling speed may vary, as a result).
  • Pressing START in Wood UI will open DS Classic Menu.
  • 5px-wide clock colon images will not display properly in Wood UI.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really loving the Wood UI. I noticed the scrolling speed was already addressed in the known issues section of your post. I also noticed the icons pulse rather quickly compared to official Wood UI and the font used when games are displayed as a text list appears to be different than standard wood. Will the user be able to change font in the future,? Great job to all involved in bringing Wood UI to TWiLight Menu. Everything feels smooth and familiar.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really loving the Wood UI. I noticed the scrolling speed was already addressed in the known issues section of your post. I also noticed the icons pulse rather quickly compared to official Wood UI and the font used when games are displayed as a text list appears to be different than standard wood. Will the user be able to change font in the future,? Great job to all involved in bringing Wood UI to TWiLight Menu. Everything feels smooth and familiar.
It's been a while since I used the Wood UI theme pre-rewrite or even the original Wood kernel, so the icon pulsing was re-done from memory.
As for the font, it was another R4 theme leftover, as Wood UI used a different font format (which isn't .nftr). Not sure about font changing.

ebussy_foot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. You know it's (obviously) not 1:1 but it's pretty close. Looks great. I like that original Wood themes work too.

WoodUI.jpg

v27.2.1 New

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v27.2.1
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.5.2 (GBATemp thread)

What's new? (Wood UI theme)​

• Brightness icon has been added! Visible and functional on DS Phat, DS Lite, and DSi consoles (the 3rd of which runs in DSi mode).
  • Added better scrolling!
    • @stripes-8: File list scrolls when the selection passes half of the list rather than the very end. As a result, you can now scroll using touch by holding the 1st or 4th selection down (or top/bottom half in list mode).
    • Scrolling speed has been improved!
  • @stripes-8: Directory path is only displayed if directories are shown. (This is what chyyran did before.)
  • @stripes-8: Changed list view line height from 11 to 15 to make the file list easier to read. (This is also what chyyran did before.)

Bug fixes​

• Fixed where DSi-based themes would show a Guru Meditation Error screen when running from certain flashcards such as R4i 3DS RTS (r4ids.cn), and/or when exiting from nds-bootstrap.
  • Some custom fonts are no longer shown glitched on flashcards.
  • Fixed where launching a GBA cartridge in DS Classic Menu causes TWLMenu++ to restart.
  • Fixed GBA ROM getting overwritten by save data when launching a GBA ROM in native GBA mode, and if the file extension is uppercase.
  • Fixed loading flashcard saves stored in SD TWLMenu folder with flashcard kernel.

Known bug (Wood UI theme)​

• Scrolling through many entries at once (by holding Up/Down or via touch) may sometimes cause a crash. (Not tested in list mode.)

ebussy_foot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v27.2.1
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.5.2 (GBATemp thread)

What's new? (Wood UI theme)​

• Brightness icon has been added! Visible and functional on DS Phat, DS Lite, and DSi consoles (the 3rd of which runs in DSi mode).
  • Added better scrolling!
    • @stripes-8: File list scrolls when the selection passes half of the list rather than the very end. As a result, you can now scroll using touch by holding the 1st or 4th selection down (or top/bottom half in list mode).
    • Scrolling speed has been improved!
  • @stripes-8: Directory path is only displayed if directories are shown. (This is what chyyran did before.)
  • @stripes-8: Changed list view line height from 11 to 15 to make the file list easier to read. (This is also what chyyran did before.)

Bug fixes​

• Fixed where DSi-based themes would show a Guru Meditation Error screen when running from certain flashcards such as R4i 3DS RTS (r4ids.cn), and/or when exiting from nds-bootstrap.
  • Some custom fonts are no longer shown glitched on flashcards.
  • Fixed where launching a GBA cartridge in DS Classic Menu causes TWLMenu++ to restart.
  • Fixed GBA ROM getting overwritten by save data when launching a GBA ROM in native GBA mode, and if the file extension is uppercase.
  • Fixed loading flashcard saves stored in SD TWLMenu folder with flashcard kernel.

Known bug (Wood UI theme)​

• Scrolling through many entries at once (by holding Up/Down or via touch) may sometimes cause a crash. (Not tested in list mode.)
AKMENU seems to be pretty buggy now. Just scrolling up or down one at a time causes the icons to invert and reload, dupe the same title on every entry, show the icon for the wrong game, or a combination of all of that. I usually don't complain but this is really broken. This was the immediate experience. I rebooted twice and it still did it immediately. Continuing to scroll ony makes it worse too.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AKMENU seems to be pretty buggy now. Just scrolling up or down one at a time causes the icons to invert and reload, dupe the same title on every entry, show the icon for the wrong game, or a combination of all of that. I usually don't complain but this is really broken. This was the immediate experience. I rebooted twice and it still did it immediately. Continuing to scroll ony makes it worse too.
That's really weird, because I'm not getting any of those bugs on my side.
I see you're using a DSi, but are you running from a flashcard, or from DSi SD card? Also, have you tried exiting and re-entering a folder?

EDIT: Just found some icon bugs when pressing Left/Right and when the selection is on top/bottom of the bottom screen.
Post automatically merged:

@ebussy_foot Please check if this fixes it.

v27.2.2 (hotfix)

Bug fix (Wood UI theme)​

• Reverted improved icon scroll speed to fix icon load bugs.
    • As a result, scrolling through many entries at once (by holding Up/Down or via touch) seems to no longer cause a crash.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

ebussy_foot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's really weird, because I'm not getting any of those bugs on my side.
I see you're using a DSi, but are you running from a flashcard, or from DSi SD card? Also, have you tried exiting and re-entering a folder?

EDIT: Just found some icon bugs when pressing Left/Right and when the selection is on top/bottom of the bottom screen.
Post automatically merged:

@ebussy_foot Please check if this fixes it.

v27.2.2 (hotfix)

Bug fix (Wood UI theme)​

• Reverted improved icon scroll speed to fix icon load bugs.
    • As a result, scrolling through many entries at once (by holding Up/Down or via touch) seems to no longer cause a crash.
Yup. That fixed it. I'm running from SD booted from unlaunch on my DSi. This is just one of the things happening just scrolling up or down one at a time on the last version:
bug.jpg
It was also duplicating icons across multiple entries too. Making it basically impossible to tell what you were actually selecting.
Funnily enough the scroll speed still seems much better in this new fixed version than the first release. Sorry it took so long to respond. I went to sleep after that other post.

Reactions: RocketRobz

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Robz, is there any way to get original png/bmp files for the themes listed on the skin repo? Or at least a few of the default ones; at some point I had copies like this, because I have a few I edited, but now when I download the skins they only have .grf files in the grf folder. I used to love how easy TWMenu was so easy to modify. Would there possibly be a way to convert them back?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1