Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I was half joking.

But I wonder, can NDS mode only be bricked, like vWii on Wii U?

NDS mode can be bricked by fucking up the NVRAM (DS Firmware) chip, I believe.
Since the registers enabled in NDS mode that enable accessing the SD card are also (IIRC) used for accessing the eMMC/NAND, it may also be possible to brick the whole console.

Just built the bootstrap-dldi.nds file, TLOZ Twighlight Princess Demo works fine for me with TWLoader :) It's choppy though

Got an .nds you can upload?

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Maybe that's why they're holding off on releasing it until Christmas?
probably, AC:WW doesn't work at all (expected though)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NDS mode can be bricked by fucking up the NVRAM (DS Firmware) chip, I believe.
Since the registers enabled in NDS mode that enable accessing the SD card are also (IIRC) used for accessing the eMMC/NAND, it may also be possible to brick the whole console.

Got an .nds you can upload?
ill pm it to you, don't want to be the person sharing it before the ETA :)

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Theres no point sharing the bootstrap nds file yet, I've tried some small games like SM64 & the MKDS demo on o3ds, I don't think save redirection is implemented in the public source code yet The build seems to be broken because everything white screens except the Twilight Princess Demo. So we all still have to wait for retail game loading :) Anyone feeling the festive spirit?

Last edited by Slattz,

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Theres no point sharing the bootstrap nds file yet, I've tried some small games like SM64 on o3ds, I don't think save redirection is implemented in the public source code yet because everything white screens except the Twilight Princess Demo, which doesn't have a save because it's a demo. So we all still have to wait for retail game loading :) Anyone feeling the festive spirit?
try electroplankton, it doesn't have a save.

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Even the Mario Kart DS download play demo fails with this release... This build is broken, don't use it!
Just tried it, you are right! The build is broken or they don't want us using it before release ,But why would the Twilight Princess E3 Demo work? Thats the biggest oddity...

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Guys, is it really that big of a deal to wait just a week longer? I mean, we've waited for MONTHS for any substantial progress to be made. Be hyped, but calm yourselves down everyone.

Reactions: d4mation

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I compiled the latest commit but don't work (or I don't understand how its work)

Only show the text "No arguments passed!" "TWL MODE enabled"

Feryth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, is it really that big of a deal to wait just a week longer? I mean, we've waited for MONTHS for any substantial progress to be made. Be hyped, but calm yourselves down everyone.
I think the fact that we've waited so long is making people really impatient. A week feels like an eternity when you're waiting for something. I myself can wait but I certainly do feel sympathy to those that want it sooner.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country

I just want to have something new to play about with. I want to know if my predictions about compatibility, stability and speed will bear out.

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I compiled the latest commit but don't work (or I don't understand how its work)

Only show the text "No arguments passed!" "TWL MODE enabled"
Use TWLoader, nothing I've tested works except the Twilight Princess Demo atm so it kinda isn't worth your time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3