Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi i have installed YS Menu on my R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 and when i boot my R4 my top screen is black and my bottom screen is grey how can i fix this please? Thanks.

I try to boot my R4 with my O3DS Luma3DS and A9LH 11.0.0-33U Sysnand 11.0.0-33U Emunand.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i have installed YS Menu on my R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 and when i boot my R4 my top screen is black and my bottom screen is grey how can i fix this please? Thanks.

I try to boot my R4 with my O3DS Luma3DS and A9LH 11.0.0-33U Sysnand 11.0.0-33U Emunand.
It's incompatible with YSMenu.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Next time, go to the noob help thread instead of trashing good threads like this one...

Reactions: N7Kopper
D

Deleted User

@Billy Acuña :)

From the latest Decrypt9WIP commits

"- Dumping feature for Nintendo DS cartridges (thanks osilloscorpion & @idgrepthat)
- Preliminary support for dumping DSi enhanced game cartridges. Still needs testing and perhaps some improvements. Thanks to @Normmatt for this!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Big news to report:

https://github.com/ahezard/twl_firm_patcher

Booting NTR games from SD is close at hand I think. (ahezard might not be the one that does it though, he seems interested in using this for other things)

Bit31 lockout patched out of dev launcher. Normmatt helped ahezard find it this morning. I confirmed SD access in NTR mode via modified WoodR4! I can copy files to and from R4 in NTR mode and still boot retail games off R4. This isn't all. All of SCFG appears to have been unlocked as a result, so other TWL hardware can be enabled in NTR mode. Like faster cpu clock speeds. I guess you could enable camera, but does anything even use that...

Not sure about ram though. May not be able to break out of the 4MB limit initially set by dev launcher for NTR mode with this.

Nothing launches from SD as of yet. But things look good. At least now we have a good starting point. Getting SD booting working in NTR mode will make things much easier as things are much more challenging if you were to try and boot an NTR game in TWL mode. :P

EDIT: Oops posted wrong link. Fixed that. :D

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon B/W 2 utilize the 3DS camera in it's communication thingy.

Also, does this mean that we no longer need flashcards in the near future, or am I misreading things here?

Nope not misreading. If SD access can be worked out for retail games to boot from. DS flashcarts will be a thing of the past for CFW users. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?