Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who have CycloDS/other stubbern carts taht didn't work with stage2 launchers. Try launching their unmodified rom with this:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/page-91#post-6611349

If it works I would make a bootstub version that auto boots each cart from it's rom from a preset path on SD. I'd call it a "Stage3 Launcher". :D

I added a new build of hbmenu with SD access in NTR mode. Another thing. It started Mario Kart DS Download Play Demo from SD just fine!

On that note I would like to mention that ahezard plans to start from scratch using hbmenu as a base for a rom loader. He's not likely to continue work on Wood3DS as it's code is messy and unstable. This make take a bit longer in the end, but the results may be better so worth the wait! :D
I tried it with Cyclo DS Evo and got Fat init default failed or w/e.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who have CycloDS/other stubbern carts taht didn't work with stage2 launchers. Try launching their unmodified rom with this:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/page-91#post-6611349

If it works I would make a bootstub version that auto boots each cart from it's rom from a preset path on SD. I'd call it a "Stage3 Launcher". :D

I added a new build of hbmenu with SD access in NTR mode. Another thing. It started Mario Kart DS Download Play Demo from SD just fine!

On that note I would like to mention that ahezard plans to start from scratch using hbmenu as a base for a rom loader. He's not likely to continue work on Wood3DS as it's code is messy and unstable. This make take a bit longer in the end, but the results may be better so worth the wait! :D
by stubbon carts, do you mean the R4i 3DS Gold RTS card as well?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with Cyclo DS Evo and got Fat init default failed or w/e.

You need to use dev build of luma 6.0 and a prepatched TwlBg.cxi file in the luma/sysmodules directory before it will work with SD access in NTR mode.

by stubbon carts, do you mean the R4i 3DS Gold RTS card as well?

Maybe. Does the card pretend to be a game? If so, why does it not boot direct from Home Menu then? Right now retail roms can't be booted with hbmenu. Even those used by flasharts that spoof a game since their internal rom more or less behaves like a retail game.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use dev build of luma 6.0 and a prepatched TwlBg.cxi file in the luma/sysmodules directory before it will work with SD access in NTR mode.

Maybe. Does the card pretend to be a game? If so, why does it not boot direct from Home Menu then? Right now retail roms can't be booted with hbmenu. Even those used by flasharts that spoof a game since their internal rom more or less behaves like a retail game.
20160819_152428.jpg like this?

Last edited by Mr.ButtButt,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, I updated my Luma to the latest version, but where do I get the TwlBG.cxi file from?

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i try it with my R4i 3DS Gold RTS card? I posted a picture of what it comes up as in the home menu a few posts back

Dayfid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sweeeeettt. so there's no forwarders for individual games yet, but they're working on it?
And all i have to do to get it working is install the cia file from a few posts back?

Oh god. I'm sorry, I thought I was in the [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu thread. :blush: I'm not sure if this works, sorry!

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments