Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Lorenzooone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, but what about the "Wario Touched" game Nintendo released on My Nintendo? That's a DS game on a Dsiware... A thing like that couldn't be done?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Guys, but what about the "Wario Touched" game Nintendo released on My Nintendo? That's a DS game on a Dsiware... A thing like that couldn't be done?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
You see, Nintendo has access to the source for their own games, so they simply ported the source to DSiWare and then recompiled it. We can't do that.

Lorenzooone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Couldn't you try to compare the ROM ported from Nintendo and the original one to see what's different and if there's something that could help to do the same thing?

undergroundmonorail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Couldn't you try to compare the ROM ported from Nintendo and the original one to see what's different and if there's something that could help to do the same thing?

My understanding is that we know pretty much exactly what we have to do. Every time it reads from the cartridge slot, read from the SD card instead (with I assume some extra code so it knows how to poke around a file instead of expecting raw data on the card). That doesn't make it easy.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much on teh nose @undergroundmonorail the Solution to DS Loading maybe "Simple" (as in we just haveto patch Slot1 reads/Slot1 Save Writes to SD but Simple and Easy arent always the same. to the others dont expect the solution at all this year, and likely if the planets align the moon is in the right phase and RNGGods smiles Maybe MAYBE end of '17 or late '18.

for the foreseeable time Flashcards are still good to go. cause even When DSRom loading is Achieved it'll be Dirty, Crude and need Work. once thats Polished then Options like getting Nitrohax to work with it, or something built in, comes after. so untill DS Rom loading is a thing + we have Cheat support this wont Replace the need for Flashcarts

Plus even if it does, ok think, you and a friend want to Local play a DS game.. but thier 3DS isnt hacked / Cant support your card but you just happen to have or they do a DSPhat/DSLite/DSLiteXL/DSi/DSiXL? BOOM! problem solved. the solution in time could make DSMode carts Pointless on a 3DS but unless theres something new in the process of this all, that allows SD Slot loading on a DSi/there are still people w/ a DSPhat/DSLite. they will Always have a use. Hell i held onto my good old phattie till i eventually got my DSi in 2012. and despite i got a O3DS a bit before the N3DS's came out. i STILL have my aging DSi. (ds games i cant say why but .. games sound better on It than my 3DS. )

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
All the demos currently work if you launch them from NTR mode hbmenu. TWL mode hbmenu will soon be available that allows mode switching. But for now you either have to install them as CIAs or run them from NTR mode hbmenu (which requires dev launcher patch)

The demos work because they store all their assets in their arm7/arm9 binaries and do not use overlays or NitroFS. So there's no slot-1 calls to worry about.

i need to know how to get demos working, i got a9lh and luma3ds, what i need?
or reply me a link

JuanmaHL

Trophies
XP
Country
Any versión of nds-hb-menu that dont need twlDev patch? Luma doesnt support that now :'(. Nitrohax works but no version of nds-hb-menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat