Homebrew DS microphone homebrew

Nasedase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that there's a homebrew app. that lets you use the DS as a PC game controller and I was wondering if there's anything that lets you use the DS Mic as a PC Microphone. I would be using it for ventrillo.

L

lilkerv90210

as far as i know there isnt one but that would be a good idea for a homebrew

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's actually one of the better homebrew ideas! too bad I can't program
dry.gif

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was actually a good idea, it'd be done by now.
Too much would have to be done, the only sane idea would to be using a card that can connect USB while in the DS.
The microphone is also terrible quality.
Streaming voice from DS to PC would likely take a lot more than the DS can handle, is what I'm saying.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When full-out video can be streamed to the DS fine (DS2Win), I have a hard time believing that sound is out of the question. The mic is bad quality, but it would still be possible.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mic actually isn't bad its just a lot of people have the idea the closer the better but its just the opposite you need to back off the mic or it will be overblown.

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i find the mic is better then the one on the xbox360's live headset so why not, it would be a great idea i think,

to bad its been too long since i have done any programming and cant remember half the shit

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It'd be nice to have a program like Skype or Ventrilo so we can talk to people across the country over WiFi. But before we can develop that, we should start on a WiFi chatroom program... unless they already have something like that. Do they? Actually, an online chatroom might be a bad idea because it takes forever to type. Actually, nevermind again... www.ebuddy.com FTW!

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PaperPlane said:
Too much would have to be done, the only sane idea would to be using a card that can connect USB while in the DS.

Well isn't there a mini-USB port on the AKRPG for connecting to it's NAND memory or whatever?

QUOTE(matrix121391 @ Aug 13 2008, 02:39 PM) It'd be nice to have a program like Skype or Ventrilo so we can talk to people across the country over WiFi. But before we can develop that, we should start on a WiFi chatroom program... unless they already have something like that. Do they? Actually, an online chatroom might be a bad idea because it takes forever to type. Actually, nevermind again... www.ebuddy.com FTW!

Woctochat or what ever it's called is the closest to that Idea that I can think of, but I probably have the name wrong and the same type of thing could be done a lot better.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
i could use something like this because my computer doesnt seem to recognize any kind of microphone, so then i can use my DS to chat with my buddys, who atleast have a flash card. . .

'' Dude im camping under the bridge, go for the flag ill scout for you, RUN THERES AWPER!"

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that I would be nice to use your ds's mic on your pc. I have like a ton of cell phone head sets, but I can't use my phone as a mic, and I can't find adapter cables for the headsets themselves
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok