Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
You can't brick as a result of using TWLtool unless you delete your original NAND image. That's silly. If you mod your NAND without a hardmod, that's on you. Keep a backup and get it hardmodded if it needs to be fixed.
TWLTool 1.1 has some bug or something that deletes parts of the nand. iirc the dev even said it had that problem. If TWLTool 1.1 was flawless, TWLTool 1.6 WOULD NOT EXIST. Just saying.

I've also seen a user decrypt and reencrypt their nand using TWLTool 1.1 and TWLTool 1.6. Two different md5s were generated.

Last edited by Deleted member 424658,

TheLegendofMario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't brick as a result of using TWLtool unless you delete your original NAND image. That's silly. If you mod your NAND without a hardmod, that's on you. Keep a backup and get it hardmodded if it needs to be fixed.

This is BS, I have used TWLtool several times. Every, single time I used TWLtool 1.6 except for once and I used TWLtool 1.1 and that one time is when I bricked. Several others have bricked from using 1.1, this guide must be updated otherwise it Should be removed from GBATemp. This is the BRICK guide until it is updated.

Last edited by TheLegendofMario, , Reason: Spelling errors

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've used both plenty of times, though granted I've hardmodded every console I've worked on, so it's possible that you soft-modders are having issues as a result of the NAND being ripped via software and not hardware. I'm not sure what to tell you other than "works for me". When I get some free time, I'll update the guide. I'm sure it's grossly out of date by now anyway, considering this was written back when there was no way to rip and write the NAND via software, and TWLtool 1.1 was the only thing available. I'm making some quick-solder PCBs for the hardmod for myself anyway, so once they're done I'll have the chance to clean up the guide and put out my new stuff as well. You'll have to wait for then I guess.

D

Deleted User

I've also seen a user decrypt and reencrypt their nand using TWLTool 1.1 and TWLTool 1.6. Two different md5s were generated.
That might have been because the NAND stores the current date and time, so one backup taken a different time than the other would result in differing MD5s...
Though I do agree that TWLTool 1.1 is less safe than 1.6.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
either way the tools should be updated :/ and course not but noobs exist

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dsi shop closed. Now what? You have the only option to harmod your formatted dsiware.
Good thing this guide assumes you need to hardmod your console, and covers the process step by step already then lmfao

Only change would be using the resigner to add the desired DSiware instead of using the DSishop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?