Hacking DSI Error and Auto Reloading.?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Way back in the beginning of the Wii "scene" when there was a DSI Error the user would have to get up and drag themselves to the Wii and hard reset by holding the Wii Power Button, but later on someone implemented an auto reload function so if someone caught a DSI error the Console would auto Reboot after 10 Seconds or so.

Now my question is. Who or how was that implemented?
Because we're suffering the same fate in the WiiU section. We're currently getting alot of those DSI errors.. constantly.. while testing Retroarch and honesty my backs going to give out eventually, that or my WiiU. :P
It would be oh so sweet if we could get some of that auto reload goodness you lucky folks are blessed with lol

Thank You :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to think of who it could've been, or what app that did it, I want to say it was RA Wii that did it first, but I could be wrong. Fix94 may know who was involved with the timeout, or if it was one of RetroArch developers.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: wicksand420

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://github.com/devkitPro/libogc/blob/master/libogc/exception.c#L195

https://sourceforge.net/p/devkitpro/mailman/message/21376724/ (search for "add timer to allow auto reloading on exception")

It was added in 2009 by tantricity.

That said, I have no clue if Wii U-mode stuff has advanced so far as to let homebrew apps install their own exception handlers, though, so that specific code would merely be an insight as to how Wii/vWii did it.
I could be wrong but I think Retroarch WiiU has an exception handler..

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/40a4a5a733d98160e9a530f338cde746c641d6bf

and it was updated just yesterday [emoji14]

Is that what you meant?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try adding "extern void __exception_setreload(int t)" as a declaration then call it in main with the desired time delay. It needs to be declared as a "C" function if you're putting it in a C++ source.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try adding "extern void __exception_setreload(int t)" as a declaration then call it in main with the desired time delay. It needs to be declared as a "C" function if you're putting it in a C++ source.
I asked one of my mates to look into it, i'll see what he says
Thanks. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.