Gaming DSi - is changing region possible?

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I screwed up my DSi while trying the hardmod, which means I have to get a new motherboard. Since I live in Europe, if I get an US board, will I be able to install the European firmware, much like it is possible on the 3DS, by hardmodding it (taking extra care this time) and replacing every app with an European version?

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't mean to be rude, but buying a new 1.4E DSi would be easier to meet your personal needs, don't know if there is one near you but you might ask mighty Ebay for help.
Ikr, that's probably what I'll end up doing, since I'm looking into it and getting an used DSi (even defective for that matter) is way cheaper.

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,
Reactions: siamese

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for your loss :O

If you get a US board you will have a 1.XXU Dsi, right? then you might try this when its released, if ever....

https://gbatemp.net/threads/current-state-of-dsi-hack-and-region-language-lock.478293/

Don't mean to be rude, but buying a new 1.4E DSi would be easier to meet your personal needs, don't know if there is one near you but you might ask mighty Ebay for help.
I ended up getting a DSi for free from one of my friends, since I softmodded his 2DS for free so he owed me a favour.
And well... Let's say I was extremely lucky:

P_20180123_082121.jpg

I know, it's extremely dirty and somewhat damaged, but I don't really care since I'm going to swap the motherboard with my broken DSi :P

The only issue is that it's an EUR console and it's on 1.4.5, so I'll have to wait either for ugopwn EUR or Dsibrowserhax (I also heard that you can move a DSiWare to the SD and replace it with an exploitable one?). Anyway, I probably won't have risk hardmodding this one :D

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,
Reactions: siamese

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
its really dirty but i dont really see a flaw with it?

just wait like all of us for the europe release of Ugopwn which will be easier then hard modding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o