Not open for further replies.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was thinking, it's possible that there are multiple sets of common keys divided by region.

What I mean is, we may only be discovering the method of decrypting european DSi software, or maybe american software, it's possible.

shideneyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't turn this project off please; just look to my arguments:
1) DSi homebrews doesn't exist at this time, despite DSi exists for 1.5 years
2) We don't know really if one day, there will have homebrews on DSi, because there's no reliable source of that, all that we read can be some fakes, because nothing has been released
3) DSi homebrews would be great, in order to use the video camera, the SD Slot, the Wpa ressources, AND THE BETTER CPU OF DSI
4) If the DSi is hacked, linker will change because the micro-sd slot will just disepear: there will have more space to put something else than a Micro-SD slot (I think a Gyro-Sensor for instance) : There will be homebrews for all using the gyro-sensor !
6) We don't know that, if the key is found, the DSi will be hacked.
7) Piracy already exists with linkers, this is not a news, but it will not change anything, what is done is done (linkers).

Sorry for my bad English; I really hope that this project will NOT stop, if it stop, never the DSi will be hacked !!!

Don't forget it ! We run homebrews on DSMode not in DSIMode !!!!

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1) After writing Brutey I found out the common key won't help homebrew at all, it will only make piracy WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier
2) DSi homebrew is already there, we just have to make a 4k app to load an app from the SD card, and WinterMute is doing that.
3) But the common key allows DSiWare piracy!

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asiekierka said:
1) After writing Brutey I found out the common key won't help homebrew at all, it will only make piracy WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier
2) DSi homebrew is already there, we just have to make a 4k app to load an app from the SD card, and WinterMute is doing that.

1) It's easy enough to do piracy now.
2) Like shidenyu said, if we can hack the dsi we can take advantage of its better features the ds doesn't have. We can have better homebrew games (Which will be easy to distribute) and so I think piracy is just something that comes out of it. The wii has piracy, but so what? Does anyone really feel bad if someone gets their games for free? It's childish to stop something like this just because it will be abused. You can ignore that if it matters.

shideneyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even piracy exists, homebrews have the priority after all !
We don't know if what WinterMute says is true ! We have to continues untill there are DSi Homebrews.

There is a whole community arround that, don't give up please, we are all here, thanks to you !

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WinterMute? WinterMute is the guy who self-created devkitPro!

WITHOUT HIM, ONLY THE TOP NERDS WOULD BE ABLE TO CODE FOR THE DS

jerks

1) Also, if it's easy enough to do DSi Piracy now, then the common key is useless.

2) DSi-MODE HOMEBREW IS ALREADY BLEEPING THERE, CAN'T YOU JUST USE THE SAVEGAME EXPLOIT

EDIT: Btw, the savegame exploit is released.

c0d3wiz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dsibrew.zxq.net
XP
Country
United States
Who's this WinterMute guy?
blink.gif

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The guy behind devkitPro and the first public DSi-mode exploit.

EDIT: devkitPro is the unofficial SDK for the DS, GBA, PSP and GP2X, if you didn't know

EDIT 2: If you didn't know then you couldn't make an SD hack in any way imaginable.

shideneyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great, if the save game exploit works fine, Brutey become useless, BUT the save exploit by WinterMute (alias Davejmurphy) is useless because it has been released since last august : it doesn't work anymore and it allows little code to be injected !!! It's useless; and even it works, we'll not be able to modify the DSifirmware (to use their menu, to modify their apps, TO MAKE A NEW FLASHME FOR DSi !!!!!!

It's obvious:
1) The actual save exploit doesn't works fine, and is useless
2) Brutey has more chance to UNLOCK power of DSi (i don't know the word).

Don't waste all our hope, please
cry.gif

[edit] HEY !! I was running Brutey for hours, and the nomber of key doubled suddently !!! Maybe... it's the same with everyone, and with the time, it will rise exponentially !!!

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's NOT useless!

There IS little space because it's meant for ASM programmers that could make a "bootstrap" app to load homebrew off the SD card.

Just like boot0 is the first step in loading Wii firmware, the savegame bootstrap would be the first step to run homebrew on the DSi!

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wabsta said:
Soma Cruz said:
asiekierka said:
I'm still wondering whether to turn it off as:
1) This won't help homebrew, as Twiizers said.
2) I don't want to get a $1.5 million fine or something.
3) We can use our machines' horsepower for something else.
4) THIS WON'T HELP HOMEBREW. WinterMute said, the guy behind one of the DSi savegame exploits AFAIK.

Also he's putting up a way for us to run homebrew on the DSi with the savegame-ploit.

So our jorb (yes, jorb) is useless.

pm´d the guy from the exploit, I asked to him if I could be beta tester, he thinks I am going to steal his code... lol I even dont know which code he was talking about!(I think the common key) but I even dont know what to do with it! but well I hope team twiizers will find something! I even dont know how to find it!?
You saying this, doesn't really makes it worth for you to be a beta tester..
What did you wanted to test? The common key?
Ofcourse he wasn't talking about the common key, prolly the code of the piece of "software" he made to make the exploit happen.

yea you see I am not so good with this stuff, I ll give it a try!

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asiekierka said:

Pirating on the DS is easy enough as it is. You can't really make it easier. All it'd do is allow us to run DSiMode games. And there aren't many of those anyway. And who really cares about DSiWare piracy? It's DSiWare. Not a big deal. And too few people actually have a DSi on here(them and their precious GBA games on a DS. Play them on a GBA, dang it!) for it to really make a difference in pirating them, since DSiWare will NOT work on anything but a DSi.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
This will help homebrew far more than piracy, the only type of piracy it will affect is DSiware and possible decryption so better dumps of DSi Enhanced games.

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact is, of all the DS games released in the past 18 months, there have only been 34 official games that were officially DSi enhanced. Of those 34, I believe 31 of them can still be played as long as you don't mind not being able to take your own photo. DSi ware is very cool, but let's break things down there as well:
Nearly everyone who owns a DSi was given 1000 free points to get some titles, so that helped cover a majority of what they wanted.
At between 2-8 dollars a piece (US) most people, if they were *desperate* for a title, went ahead and bought a point card (lowest amount 20US$) and now have leftover points.
Some of the most interesting DSi titles were released on either the iPhone, the PC or both before (no offense).
It's not an overly saturated market.

If the main reason behind giving up on this project is "STOP TEH PYRITES" then you're a blatant idiot and there's no two ways about it. It's like insisting on ordering diet coke with your Value Meal to stop gaining weight: you're barely making a dent in the problem. The minor shadow of evil is far, far outweighed by the staggering possibility of true DSi mode homebrew.

People with way more coding experience and skill have been trying to use WinterMute's hack since August. You've been talking like he was "about to release it" and only now realize it's already out. If Case couldn't figure out WinterMute, you sure as hell can't figure out what to do with the hack.

Now, if you want to just admit that the project is bigger than you expected and you've lost hope, that's fine. Sad, but I accept that.

Good luck cowboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?