Status
Not open for further replies.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically it can be done either as an individual effort or a group of clients.

It's probably been said before in this thread... I wonder if it is worth the hit that the program takes in order to stay inside the bounds of what hasn't been searched over the random search....

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
RupeeClock said:
I remember reading up about the history of DS homebrew on this site.
http://www.ndshb.com/modules.php?name=Cont...page&pid=40

In particular, I think this section on page 6 will interest this you lot.

QUOTE said:
Cracking the NDS game encryption Again, as with everything else, people said the game encryption could not be cracked and the topic was a waste of time. It was discussed for a while and made up numbers were saying it would take decades to crack. I was saying it could be cracked in 10 seconds.. it just needs 1 lucky guess.

Well, DarkFader took on the challenge and created a small application that would allow the community to create a global cracking attack. On top of that, it became a brute force contest, as the application would report back PC horsepower to a website for anyone to take a look at.

It wasn't long before everyone was running this application on their PCs for two reasons. The main goal, of course, was to help crack the encryption of a commercial DS game, but the real goal for many was to fight for the top spot on the list of top horsepower.

Believe it or not, the end came quicker than anyone would have expected, and at some 82% complete, the encryption was cracked. It was cracked so quickly, that many barely even had the chance to install the application before it was over. Luckily, reverse engineering of the firmware dumps allowed for results to be usable.

After the encryption was cracked, information regarding the process of creating your own authenticating game was passed around to a select few. How to actually do it was never publicly released (that I know of) but the information to do it is available, and if you know how to use that information, you can create your very one slot-1 game that will not require a PassMe1/2 and it will work on any DS.

This gave birth to the "NoPass". Because this process isn't passing any information from a commercial game card, it allowed for the NoPass to be the same size as a game card so that nothing was sticking out of the DS. The first NoPass to hit the market that I remember was the Datel Max Media Launcher.

It simply did the same thing a PassMe did. After authenticating with the DS, it redirected to the GBA Slot, allowing the GBA MP and other devices without SRAM support to work again. At this point, an additional benefit to installing FlashMe was so that you didn't have to insert the NoPass Device anymore. So, let's talk about FlashMe...

And FYI, this same NoPass method is what lead to the creation of the first Slot-1 only device, the R4, if I recall correctly.
Interesting read huh? Maybe if you read it all the way through, you'll find something very helpful to our means...after all, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

That is the biggest load of bullshit I've heard heard. The DS cart encryption was cracked by disassembling the DS firmware and bios files which contain all the required information to encrypt and decrypt a game.

I cracked up at Normmatt's response!
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonic32136 said:
all of you must face it, if your not Asian or one of those hackmii people give up on hacking the DSi.
...or you could just help.
:|
EDIT:
can we get some other forums involved with this?
example:
facepunch.com
4-chan

We could speed this up considerably.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
That is the biggest load of bullshit I've heard heard. The DS cart encryption was cracked by disassembling the DS firmware and bios files which contain all the required information to encrypt and decrypt a game.
So that website was all just lies then?

Well, shit.

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o0ICE0o said:
sonic32136 said:
all of you must face it, if your not Asian or one of those hackmii people give up on hacking the DSi.
...or you could just help.
:|
EDIT:
can we get some other forums involved with this?
example:
facepunch.com
4-chan

We could speed this up considerably.

You're right, let's get 4chan involved. I've been wondering when I'm going to finally have a working exploit to see Pikachu getting violated by Grape Ape, and these fine gentlemen will get us to that goal!

Seriously though, if they actually help, brilliant.

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I know that I've been hot and cold on this project before, so please withhold sarcasm until I finish with this post.

Just in a show of trying to get the community more active, has anyone contacted certain websites to see if they will couple the Brutey program with the backups they distribute? Certain websites such as -snip- etc. are very active and see a lot of potential supporters daily that might not be aware of this project. Even if they just start bundling it with future releases, there are potentially tens of thousands of downloads for certain games, so...just saying.

Alright, fire away.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No sarcasm here but a straightforward reply. If those sites were to advertise the bruteforce software then it would have Nintendo going after the writers and users of the software (if they aren't already) and I could very well see them using it in civil and criminal suits in the future as undeniable proof that it was only for piracy use and homebrew was just an excuse.

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
Something logical.

That...is an excellent point. Dammit. I know this project is being spread as fast as possible but I really thought this may have been the golden ticket to spread this without a viral impact. Welp, back to the drawing board and just telling people. Thanks for setting me straight!

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm still wondering whether to turn it off as:
1) This won't help homebrew, as Twiizers said.
2) I don't want to get a $1.5 million fine or something.
3) We can use our machines' horsepower for something else.
4) THIS WON'T HELP HOMEBREW. WinterMute said, the guy behind one of the DSi savegame exploits AFAIK.

Also he's putting up a way for us to run homebrew on the DSi with the savegame-ploit.

So our jorb (yes, jorb) is useless.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
asiekierka said:
4) THIS WON'T HELP HOMEBREW. WinterMute said, the guy behind one of the DSi savegame exploits AFAIK.

Also he's putting up a way for us to run homebrew on the DSi with the savegame-ploit.

pm´d the guy from the exploit, I asked to him if I could be beta tester, he thinks I am going to steal his code... lol I even dont know which code he was talking about!(I think the common key) but I even dont know what to do with it! but well I hope team twiizers will find something! I even dont know how to find it!?

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
asiekierka said:

Basically you can turn it off , the clients are way to slow for any serious work. You being in an eastern european country means most likely they wont go after you if you are able to use non linkable resources.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Soma Cruz said:
asiekierka said:

pm´d the guy from the exploit, I asked to him if I could be beta tester, he thinks I am going to steal his code... lol I even dont know which code he was talking about!(I think the common key) but I even dont know what to do with it! but well I hope team twiizers will find something! I even dont know how to find it!?
You saying this, doesn't really makes it worth for you to be a beta tester..
What did you wanted to test? The common key?
Ofcourse he wasn't talking about the common key, prolly the code of the piece of "software" he made to make the exploit happen.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would Nintendo be able to change the firmware after you find the right key so you it wouldn't be able to use the one you found anymore and you would have to find another key,

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamer4life said:
Would Nintendo be able to change the firmware after you find the right key so you it wouldn't be able to use the one you found anymore and you would have to find another key,

There's actually a lot of speculation that the "phantom firmware" updates that people have been receiving over the past couple of weeks are doing just that. So, good news, if you're running 1.4 but have decided to do one of these "invisible updates" there's a chance you've screwed yourself out of being eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/uBSaNJkoBlM?si=p1gwN32Ed6bIZ-tj