Homebrew DSiware problem on tempnand

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have followed the instructions on http://dsi.cfw.guide for installing DSiware using a 3ds to dump the dsiware. But I'm having problems with a couple of games not being picked up by the dsi. All my games transferred fine and work except Zelda 4 swords and wario ware touched. I have followed the guide to the letter and it has worked great for all my other titles except these 2. I have tried again and again thinking I had missed something but every time I start up my dsi there is no new DSiware to unwrap and when I try to load the games through dsimenu++ it says invalid argument in the game place holder. When I put my SD card back into my computer the folders containing the data for both those games have been deleted. I have tried copying them back repeated times also tried 3 different as cards with tempnand setup on them all and the folders still get deleted. I thought to try another method of getting the game app files and used Wii U Usb helper to get the app files for both those games and generated the title tmd files with maketmd exactly like the guide said and made the correct folder structure. But exactly the same when I copied files to my dsi SD card.

Does anyone know what to do to fix this issue? If not can the guide be updated to specifically say don't bother trying to transfer specific games because they won't work. I feel like I've wasted hours of time on this with nothing to show for it.

JImJam707

Trophies
XP
Country
I have followed the instructions on [LINK] for installing DSiware using a 3ds to dump the dsiware. But I'm having problems with a couple of games not being picked up by the dsi. All my games transferred fine and work except Zelda 4 swords and wario ware touched. I have followed the guide to the letter and it has worked great for all my other titles except these 2. I have tried again and again thinking I had missed something but every time I start up my dsi there is no new DSiware to unwrap and when I try to load the games through dsimenu++ it says invalid argument in the game place holder. When I put my SD card back into my computer the folders containing the data for both those games have been deleted. I have tried copying them back repeated times also tried 3 different as cards with tempnand setup on them all and the folders still get deleted. I thought to try another method of getting the game app files and used Wii U Usb helper to get the app files for both those games and generated the title tmd files with maketmd exactly like the guide said and made the correct folder structure. But exactly the same when I copied files to my dsi SD card.

Does anyone know what to do to fix this issue? If not can the guide be updated to specifically say don't bother trying to transfer specific games because they won't work. I feel like I've wasted hours of time on this with nothing to show for it.
I've the same issue, Paper Plane and A Kappa's Trail transferred perfectly, but I had no luck with Zelda or WarioWare.

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I had problems with games from USB Helper, but when i trasnfer them from my 3ds it works fine. Just tried zelda and had no problem.

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I used FreEshop on my 3ds to get the American Version of 4 Swords and it transferred fine. Tried the European version again and same issue. This appears to happen with some games regardless of region I've started making a list of what wont transfer. Are the app files from usb helper encrypted? There has to be a way to use those app files rather than installing on 3ds first and then ftp the files to pc and copy to DSi sd card.

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try not using Freeshop... When you install DSiWare on a 3DS, its contents are different than DSi. In the content folder, there is a cmd folder, and 000000.tmd also with a file like 281938a.app. you need to delete the cmd folder, properly rename the .app and change the tmd's name to title.tmd

I have done this multiple times and have written a script file to delete cmd folder and generate title.tmd with maketmd. I CAN follow the guide completely! Nothing about the process is complicated. It is just too time consuming transferring from 3ds every time. Thats why I asked if usb helper files could be used in a directory structure like this:-

<titleid>/
<content>
<app file from usbhelper>
<title.tmd generated by maketmd>​
<data>
<blank public.sav file>
The process could be automated for batch conversions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.