Gaming DSLite screens not turning on

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so a while ago my dslite's top screen started getting white lines on it. It then stopped working completely cause i had to hold top part up due to a broken hinge.

I replaced the hinge, except the top screen was still broken. So i then tried replacing the top screen. I don't know much of soldering, so i didn't reattach the speakers.

I reassembled my dslite, and tried turning it on...but then the green light turned on but shut off immediately. I figured it was a fuse, so i wiped the f1 and f2 fuses with some isopropyl alcohol (70%) to clean up the muck on them. I heard alcohol can make electrical contacts communicate better so i use this method to clean the motherboards on my lite and psp.

Now the green light stays on when i turn it on, but the screens still won't come on. I don't know what to do now. I know the top screen is brand new and the touchscreen works. (though the p6 ribbon is a little bent) I get the orange, charging light when i plug in the charger. I cant listen for sounds because i couldn't use a soldering iron for the speakers. The backlights aren't turning on either. What do I do now?

Pluupy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't even try to turn on. My p3 connector is a little broken on the right side. Im not sure if that is causing the issue. I sent an email to Nintendorepairshop.com but they said they don't know how to repair p3 connectors and just supply the part.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My Nintendo DS Lite gives a quick flash on the bottom screen then turns off, the fuse is working fine, I opened it and found out the ribbon of the top screen its cut.

I thought you had the same problem as me.

Pluupy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im starting to think my f2 fuse IS blown. Just tried to start again and it didn't hold the green light despite the battery currently charging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof