DSONE supercard keeps freezing

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got this flashcart about a week ago and it was working fine for the most part (I bought 2 and the other seems finnicky to get working.) but the other one I got worked just fine. However, today as I was playing it just kept freezing. I thought maybe it was because I was playing Pokemon Renegade Platinum, a romhack. So I tried Mario 64DS and when I entered the first level room I heard this ungodly demonic noise coming from the painting room I was in. As soon as I entered the painting the game froze.

I bought two carts because I read that these have a pretty high failure rate. At one point also it even said they're was no SD card inserted so I reinserted it. Any idea what could be going on?

Edit: got a psram and cell error when testing it. What should I do now?

edit 2: figured it out. You'll need something called YSmenu.

Last edited by kbf,

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you got unlucky and got two duds. Unfortunately it seems like all the listings for that card are gone now. They were probably selling new old stock. YSMenu will work but you won't be able to use EvolutionOS. I'd recommend the R4DSPro with BL2CK if you want a fully functional cart. Those ones are perfectly fine QC wise so you only need to buy one.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would avoid picking up the R4DSPro cards. They do not work with not all DS models (only DS OG and DS lite), whereas most (if not) all need to be modded. There has been many cases where the cards are dead on arrival (white screen and no icon).

If I were you, go for the Ace3DS+ or timebombed R4i-SDHC(.)com cards. You'll get a much better experience.

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would avoid picking up the R4DSPro cards. They do not work with not all DS models (only DS OG and DS lite), whereas most (if not) all need to be modded. There has been many cases where the cards are dead on arrival (white screen and no icon).

If I were you, go for the Ace3DS+ or timebombed R4i-SDHC(.)com cards. You'll get a much better experience.
I bought two of them and they both work fine. The flashcards subreddit officially recommends it. The DSOne cards were the ones with the high failure rate. While I'm sure some probably are defective (as with all carts) it's not a widespread issue like the DSOne carts are. As for the point that you need to be softmodded to use it on the latest DSi/3DS firmware... It's so pathetically easy to softmod these consoles that you should really do that anyway. Plus this cart is worth it. It's far better than most clones. Including the Ace3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)