Hacking DSTWO Linux Beta1.0 release

BruceBaldock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont even know what source code really looks like but I found this on the dslinux site and it looks a little codey to m, but its most likely useless
http://svn.dslinux.org/svn/

Can anyone here upload a video on youtube showing the dstwo linux playing emulators etc cant decide if I wanna try this out and it would help me decide :)

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont even know what source code really looks like but I found this on the dslinux site and it looks a little codey to m, but its most likely useless
http://svn.dslinux.org/svn/

Can anyone here upload a video on youtube showing the dstwo linux playing emulators etc cant decide if I wanna try this out and it would help me decide :)
That's DSLinux, a port of Linux for the DS. DSTwo Linux differs from DSLinux in that it runs on the MIPS processor of the DSTwo cartridge itself, not on the DS's ARM processors.

Surkow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to use an updated version of the FBA emulator but Dingux keeps restarting every time I try to load it. Anybody else wanna give it a shot?

And while this thread is being bumped where the heck did Tysong go? Has anybody seen him on some other site or fourm? We're a bit due for the source code and/or updates.
I have tried to explain this previously, but Dingux is no longer maintained. All software updates are intended for OpenDingux, which is not binary compatible with DSTWO Linux. I still haven't located the source code of the Linux kernel for DSTWO (please don't link me to the SDK).

P

pasc

this is funny....

I had this one fully working on my old DSTwo (which got stolen... they only left my 3DS behind... ).

However on my new Supercard DS Two with either a 8GB or a 2GB Micro SD I only get DSLInux to boot to the splash screen, not further, it is stuck there.

On the old version a loading bar would pop up, and after that I would be presented with the (PSP-esque) Filemenu.

Any one having any ideas ? How should the Micro SD be formatted ? Panasonic Formatter ?

Is there a complete "copy to root of Micro SD and just work" version in one zip file available that I can try to rule out that my local files are corrupted ?

Thanks in advance.

P

pasc

Thats funny... when trying your command it says

Please enter disk then press Enter.
Filesystem type is FAT.
The new Filesystem is FAT 32.
Quickformat with 1938 MB.
the chosen cluster size is too big for FAT32

Also: The same "Boot and then fade to black screen on botton while retaining DSLinux mascot" happens when I use the Filetrip "Autoboot" version with supposedly all files installed

(it boots to a white screen if I leave it at autobooting without removing the boot.ini)

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats funny... when trying your command it says

Please enter disk then press Enter.
Filesystem type is FAT.
The new Filesystem is FAT 32.
Quickformat with 1938 MB.
the chosen cluster size is too big for FAT32
Then, it is. :P Because you have a 2 GB microSD. You'd need either of these two commands:
format Drive: /q /a:32k /fs:fat16
format Drive: /q /a:4k /fs:fat32
Both may end up working, or only the FAT32 one, or only the FAT16 one. Try the FAT16 one first.

P

pasc

nope, the DSTwo stock one the best as far as I know.

No one got any suggestions on tools that they use to format ?

P

pasc

Looks like I'm outta luck.

Just to clarify:

- What Firmware does the Supercard DS Two have to be for this to work ? (I currently have 1.1.9)
- What Firmware should the 3DS be ? I recently did a Firmware update, so....
- Whats the whole thing with "difference between booting on normal DS and 3DS" ?

I heard the 3DS requires a different "Zimage_DS2" file than the normal DS?
( like: DS: use iMM Zimage_DS2
3DS: use OPPost Zimage_DS2)

- Does it matter if you use the Z4 or 5 files ?

Serioulsy last time I used this it just worked, now I tried 3 different Micro SD Cards (2GB, 2GB and 8GB), one 3DS and one DS aswell as Firmware 1.1.3 and 1.1.9 for the Supercard itself.

It shouldn't be this complicated right ?

IF it is a formatting issue I'd be totally relived to find someone giving me a tool to format my card properly. (Windows one aswell as Command line formatting won't work).

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i am using this and the emulators (especially fba) are great. it runs perfectly well with 2 gb sd cards.

i downloaded the all in one zip file from filetrip and it hanged at white screen until i manually edited the boot.ini to correctly load ds2ldr.plg. someone might be having the same problem too.

i really wish one day someone ports open dingux too.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
hate to double post, but does anyone know at what speed dstwo processor work at dingux? i remember reading it is fixed and it can't be overclocked by emulators etc.

i think it was just certain emulators that were compiled for use with ismm to prohibit changing the clock frequency, because it "will destroy DMA transfer, leading to CPU and NDS communication interruption".

P

pasc

since this one reappeared:

Still no solution for those of us who can't get around that wretched penguin ?

The loading bar still won't be renabled for me, doesn't matter if I use DS, or 3DS, how many times I reformat and what size micro sd I use.

Any formatting tips perhaps ?

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i think it was just certain emulators that were compiled for use with ismm to prohibit changing the clock frequency, because it "will destroy DMA transfer, leading to CPU and NDS communication interruption".

and what i am using is exactly these emulators. i am pretty sure changin clock frequency has no effect because no matter what i choose, i get the same fps.

P

pasc

Moonshell ?

Also: I'm starting to wonder if the speed of the SD Card matters..

I never had problems with that previous Micro SD.

Wish I wrote down what kind of Micro SD it was...Da*n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one