Hacking DSTWO Skins

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, no skins have been posted in a while, so we went out and made a Persona 4 themed DSTwo Skin! It's a tri pack - Plugin screen, Loading Screen, loader skin (the one where you choose your ROMs and such), We're working on a GBA/SNES one at the moment, and there will be a RTS pack up soon. but it's single screen, so it probably won't have Margaret
frown.gif
(though it will be universal!) Anyway, here are some previews!

loadingscreeno.png
skinzt.png
mockg.png

Loading Screen, Game Skin, and Main Skin (Plugin Skin), respectively.

(These are mock screenshots. The skin looks even better on the DS/Lite/DSi, as the colors match and the text isn't sharp. Also, the Plugin Screen has a lot more information on it and the DS2 icon isn't all choppy and green. Blame Ignaja for that <

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You're right - things have been a bit slow in the DSTwo skin department, although I'd admit I haven't checked the DSTwo forums for a while

Still nice to know there's a few skins waiting in the wings to appear
- I'll rather wait until all of them appears before I'll add them to the first post though

BTW - are you planning to do them as 'ds2skin' packs as well (if you know how to do them that is) ??
If you don't know how to - would you mind some1 else making these into such a pack & adding them to the ds2skin wiki ??

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know what that is - nor do I think anyone else on the team does :/. I'll ask Ice, but I doubt they'll mind, seeing as the skin was made for the community and all.

I'm not sure when the others will be complete, though. In reality, we're just waiting for Terra to test them, but she's on vacation so I don't know when they'll be up, so you don't have to wait to edit them in. I know Risette's is almost done as I personally finished it, but as for Naoto's, Kanji's, Chie's and Yukiko's....I dunno. Terra did Teddie's before she left, so I have the files for that one as well, though I haven't personally tested it.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You can read about the ds2skin installer here but basically a ds2skin pack is a zip file that contains all the graphics (+ a info file) of a particular 'skin'

By using the ds2skin homebrew all the graphics in the pack (or you can choose just a selection of skins to change) will be placed into the appropriate folders in one go (It also will change the 'loading' screen embedded in the DSGame.nds file)

So you could have several ds2skins on your DSTwo - & change the 'theme' of all the skins, without having to go anywhere near a PC to copying the graphics over each time

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loadingscreeno.png
skinzt.png
mockg.png

Loading Screen, Game Skin, and Main Skin (Plugin Skin), respectively.

(These are mock screenshots. The skin looks even better on the DS/Lite/DSi, as the colors match and the text isn't sharp. Also, the Plugin Screen has a lot more information on it and the DS2 icon isn't all choppy and green. Blame Ignaja for that <

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Many thanks for doing that - although any chance of having the ds2skin as a separate download instead ??

All the other packs on the wiki are just ds2skins & this thread is mainly only for the 'normal' skins.
It's just to keep things 'neat'

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, sure. I'll put one up in a few minutes.

I did end up finding out the problem - I guess I mixed up the DSGAME.nds file or something - it was causing the SuperCard to crash. It should be fine now. I'll unlock the download in a minute, and I'll edit this post with a ds2skin only download.

Alright, all fixed.

Full Archive

ds2skin archive

Just the DS2Skin

The first link is the zip file with everything in it. The second is a zip file with just the ds2skin file in it. And the third link is a direct link to the .ds2skin file - no zip files, nothing.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Many Thanks for that
- I'll update the first post & the Wiki sometime during the weekend (time permitting)

EDIT: Had some spare time in work - so 'Persona 4 DS (Margaret)' has now been added to the first post's 'Multi skin pack' section AND the Wiki now

I've classed you as the 'author' since you posted it, even though I know that others contributed towards it - but I don't know their names to add them

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine. 8thalga is the team name, and the other members are IceCatraz, Ignaja, and Terra Magnum, but because they aren't registered here, I think Windaga will do.

I have most of the other ones ready, but I'm on vacation so I don't have my DSTwo, so I can't test them. If anyone's willing to test them, I can post them up, but until then, it won't be for a while :/

enemykila

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the up since August.

Can anybody re-upload the Theme Manga Girl by Nairolf in another server like Mediafire or Rapidshare? I would be very grateful

I've just bought a DSTwo, and wanted to set that skin, but I only found it in Megaupload and now it is closed.

Thanks a lot guys

marcouf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi Guys, the link to download the multi skin pack "Blue Horse - Made by Kuschel-Drow" is dead !
Can a good guy upload this beautifull skin ? Thank you very much. Mike :yaynds:

75663368.png

84344232.png
58351005.png

78180614.png

Download Multi-skin pack - Contains Eos,plugin,GBA-NDS,modified DS_game [v1.03] and Loading screen

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hi Guys, the link to download the multi skin pack "Blue Horse - Made by Kuschel-Drow" is dead !
Can a good guy upload this beautifull skin ? Thank you very much. Mike :yaynds:
FYI - you find that the ds2skin pack contains the same graphics....

Here's how you can 'extract' them from the pack to use them for yourself
1) Download the Blue Horse ds2skin pack
2) Extract it so that you end up with a single file called 'bluehorse.ds2skin'
2) Rename it so that it ends in 'zip' e.g. 'bluehorse.ds2skin' to 'bluehorse.zip'
3) Use your favorite ZIP extractor to open it
4) Inside you will find 3 folders (DSTwo EOS / GBA / Plugins) & a 'LoadingScreen.bmp
5) Follow the instructions on first post to know WHERE to put the appropriate graphics (e.g. EOS goes into the '/_dstwo/ui/' folder)
6) Done....

Alternatively, just use the DS2Skin Installer & install the ds2skin pack all in one easy go

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
can someone please make a guilty crown skin??
Never heard of this - but did a google image search

Is this what you mean ???I
so - what's your 'preference' ?

'Complex' background' like this or 'simplistic' like this
Mainly 'boy/girl' graphics or mainly r u the 'ladies man' or you fancy the boy ??
Would you like a 'Full pack' (GBA/SNES/Plugin/DStwo etc) or just the DSTwo/plugin ?? (remember the more you want the longer it'll take)

Could you supply links to the graphics you'd like to be used (so that whoever has an attempt has something to work with)
- not promising anything (since I work & it been a while since I made one), but you never know - some1 may make an attempt

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the skin; (Theme Manga - made by Nairolf),

is MISSING!!. because MEGAUPLOAD is Gonzo!

please fine someone who has the skin, or original author and get it RE-Uploaded.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the skin; (Theme Manga - made by Nairolf),is MISSING!!. because MEGAUPLOAD is Gonzo!

please fine someone who has the skin, or original author and get it RE-Uploaded.
It's a shame this is one of the one that wasn't allowed to be made into a ds2skin otherwise I'll suggest that - but have you looked in the Supercards DSTwo forums ??

Most of the skins that I placed on this thread I got from there - it's possible that the link has been changed by nairolf because of the closure of Megaupload (I've not checked/updated this thread in a while).
Unfortunately I can't check at the moment as I'm in work & they block that site as it's classed as a 'hacking' site

EDIT: just did a google search - the link to the thread [I guess] I got the link from is here but can't check it out for the above reaspn

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nice - not had any new skins for a while..... (well to be honest I've not had much time to check on the supercard forums).
Anyway - added to the first post

Also - on first post I've got a request....
Due to 'MegaUpload' demise - some skins are now not available...

if anyone has a copy of those skins (that I've found missing so far) could they upload it/them (to filetrip for example) & post a link to it, so that I can update this thread

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?