noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just modfied the instructions from here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130538

and modified it so, on a 3.4 with downgraded IOS, I grabbed the proper app file of the sysmenu (no preloader, just regular fs_browser through hbc, then completely Softmii'd the system, and then used the procedure for with the app file I obtained for 3.4 instead of for 3.2

[keep in mind the 3.4 app isn't gonna start with 1, like "100000xx.app" because it hasnt been moved by preloader.]

I installed IOS50 (so the menu would boot), and instead of installing the channel and the autoloader (cuz I doubt theyd work as expected), I just install the sysmenu.dol (formerly the sysmenu 00000Xx.app file) to autoboot in preloader (prepare to lose a few blocks), then set preloader to Shutdown or reset to mainmenu, I forget.

so I boot up...heres what happens:

boot up
regular 3.4 (havent actually tested savefile copying etc, so some might want to)
home menu, press shutdown or whatever
softmiid 3.2

some people might like this...give er a go.

it might be possible to do it the other way around, so long as you had IOS50 installed, you might be able to use fs_browser to dump the 3.2 app file, autoboot it, and then use softmii tweaks to install 3.4's app file, but I don't know if that would work, or completely wreck preloader....

if you want it flipped so softmii boots first, you could try it.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
noobwarrior7 said:
just modfied the instructions from here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130538

and modified it so, on a 3.4 with downgraded IOS, I grabbed the proper app file of the sysmenu (no preloader, just regular fs_browser through hbc, then completely Softmii'd the system, and then used the procedure for with the app file I obtained for 3.4 instead of for 3.2

[keep in mind the 3.4 app isn't gonna start with 1, like "100000xx.app" because it hasnt been moved by preloader.]

I installed IOS50 (so the menu would boot), and instead of installing the channel and the autoloader (cuz I doubt theyd work as expected), I just install the sysmenu.dol (formerly the sysmenu 00000Xx.app file) to autoboot in preloader (prepare to lose a few blocks), then set preloader to Shutdown or reset to mainmenu, I forget.

so I boot up...heres what happens:

boot up
regular 3.4 (havent actually tested savefile copying etc, so some might want to)
home menu, press shutdown or whatever
softmiid 3.2

some people might like this...give er a go.

it might be possible to do it the other way around, so long as you had IOS50 installed, you might be able to use fs_browser to dump the 3.2 app file, autoboot it, and then use softmii tweaks to install 3.4's app file, but I don't know if that would work, or completely wreck preloader....

if you want it flipped so softmii boots first, you could try it.
NoobWarrior7 you are an amazing son of gun , you just introduced me to a lot of play time with a lot of trials and error , a game I enjoy but cause of the lack of time ( work work work ) results will posted in a few days
wink.gif
2 thumps up bro
grog.gif

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for most people it kinda sucks....cuz Im thinking I just lost 220ish blocks on that wii....not really worth it, but people seem to be "omg 3.4 speeds rawk"....I think we're just feature-hungry.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
noobwarrior7 said:
for most people it kinda sucks....cuz Im thinking I just lost 220ish blocks on that wii....not really worth it, but people seem to be "omg 3.4 speeds rawk"....I think we're just feature-hungry.
well you will never know buddy , messing around with things might get somewhere
wink.gif
no guarantees thought , but will give it a shot
wink.gif

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really cool, now why didn't i think of that.

Oh yea... bacause I just take other peoples work and make a PDF guide for it.

Im gonna have to give this a try someday. I think I'll wait a week though and let my buddy Big Moe and you do the work.
Then I'll write a PDF guide and take credit for it.
smile.gif

Keep up the good work. Seems like a day doesn't go by anymore without something cool being discovered.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Jizmo09 said:
Really cool, now why didn't i think of that.

Oh yea... bacause I just take other peoples work and make a PDF guide for it.

Im gonna have to give this a try someday. I think I'll wait a week though and let my buddy Big Moe and you do the work.
Then I'll write a PDF guide and take credit for it.
smile.gif

Keep up the good work. Seems like a day doesn't go by anymore without something cool being discovered.

Can I pay you up-front for that?
wink.gif

Seriously, though, this is another interesting experiment. I'll wait for the results rather than strap a pair onto myself
blink.gif

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice Idea NoobWarrior - It sounds completely feasible to me as some people have already got more than one system menu booting.

I look forward to seeing this progress and helping test a long the way once I get my wii back.

tongue.gif

To those that care - SoftMii Tweaks can only write to 00000001/00000002 on the wii so if you need to be able to write anywhere else than that, you would need a modded SoftMii Tweaks or a Nand Writer like we use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Might work might not I don't know