Hacking Dual NAND

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,960
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
So since the switch has its NAND on a nice little removable PCB, I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to make a dual NAND solution,

Is anyone working on this, I found replacement NAND boards on AliExpress.

But a nice solderless solution is definately possible.

CoinKillerL

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So since the switch has its NAND on a nice little removable PCB, I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to make a dual NAND solution,

Is anyone working on this, I found replacement NAND boards on AliExpress.

But a nice solderless solution is definately possible.
it would be amazing to use CFW without getting banned on your main nand

Reactions: x65943

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you are offline you can't play online... The point is to keep the main NAND unbanned to play online.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no chance for that. Vocabulary here is important, removable does not mean swapable.

Pip'
Looking at https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+Switch+Teardown/78263 it is not a trivial swap but not a huge effort and something you can do with just some screwdrivers and basic tools. Nothing consumable gets broken during that (thermal paste might be annoying but nothing too drastic like custom sticky pads).
If you have a valid NAND dump from your Switch you can hopefully flash back to your replacement*, and could handle any fuse issues, then you could proceed to have a hacked version on one (presumably kept offline, presenting fake keys or at least disguising its keys) and a clean version on another (or two hacked ones if you wanted that for some reason).

*while I expect the images to be locked to a given CPU I would be surprised to see them locked to a given NAND chip as well as that would gain little and probably frustrate repair efforts which is surely why they made it as modular as this in the first place.

D

Deleted User

OP
It is possible, but how would it work?
1 nand updated and the other on like 1.0.0? There is no use for that.

Both nands can be "linked", but I can't see the use for it.
You would need to bypass fuse checks in order to boot lower FW and I can't see any other use right now.

Was thinking of having a 'Clean' unmodified NAND for Online Use, and another 'Dirty' NAND for all your homebrew, etc.
No, it wouldnt help you play backups online, but it 'should' help prevent a ban when you want to play legit games online.

Im pretty sure some sort of custom PCB would be needed where the connector is duplicated and switched somehow,
basically this
||
˅

I'd prefer this over emuNAND to be honest, some kind of Xecuter DemoN type device.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: c80 and x65943

xaliax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking this the other day. I understand the nand pcb is console linked but could it be posible to bypass this using rcm?

Last edited by xaliax,

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find a way to switch between both boards will be the hardest, and this may help you for information purposes

Pinout for when pcb is connected to switch 4 wire method
switch_emmc_front.jpg

Pinout when disconnected from switch
Your still need data and clk on other side. 6 wire method
switch_emmc_back.jpg

Last edited by Canna,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Find a way to switch between both boards will be the hardest, and this may help you for information purposes

Pinout for when pcb is connected to switch 4 wire method
switch_emmc_front.jpg

Pinout when disconnected from switch
Your still need data and clk on other side. 6 wire method
switch_emmc_back.jpg
Should be doable with a FPGA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT