Hacking Question Dualbooting AMS+ SX OS possible with 12.0 / 11.0 emu/sysnand?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all don't recommend me to go to pure AMS. The only thing I care about is using USB HDD XCI loading.
Now with SX gone for who knows how long, maybe forever. And with game updates maybe later this year requiring new SDK, meaning patching is no longer an option, I am considering options to still keep using USB HDD XCI loading....

I was thinking if such a solution such as this might assist in this? Emunand. ( i never used emunand)

So to create a 11.0 Emunand now, and then upgrade the 11.0 Sysnand to 12.0 and use that with atmosphere. While keeping the 11.0 emunand for USB HDD XCI loading.
If so, could someone give me the EXACT step by step for doing this. Because as you might understand only if I understand and trust the process toroughly, i'd want to risk to update my console to FW 12 for such a thing like this.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please provide a detailed layout of your setup currently.

SXOS would be used with Sysnand I'd assume and EmuNand can be Atmosphere.
No emunand atm at all, sysnand at FW 11 SX OS.
Ah so I had it backwards? Sysnand should be at FW 11. and emunand at FW 12 for atmosphere...

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah, atmosphere would be EmuNand preferably.
So your saying that should work for my purposes. and no matter what FW will come that future games might require can still switch to atmosphere emunand?

But if you create an emunand is that an SX one? (one that can only boot with SX?) Or needs to be converted to atmosphere?

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
So your saying that should work for my purposes. and no matter what FW will come that future games might require can still switch to atmosphere emunand?

But if you create an emunand is that an SX one? (one that can only boot with SX?) Or needs to be converted to atmosphere?

The EmuNAND would be an Atmosphere based one. No need to Convert it cause it would be made with/through Atmosphere in the Hekate boot payload.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The EmuNAND would be an Atmosphere based one. No need to Convert it cause it would be made with/through Atmosphere in the Hekate boot payload.
I see. and if you were to boot FW 11.0 sysnand you'd boot using the SX payload like normal.
But what if you want to use the emunand? I know sx has a boot menu which I think has the option to choose emunand or sysnand. But im not sure you can use that.
Maybe you need to use atmosphere payload? or need to use hekate payload only? ( i prefer not to use hekate if possible)

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
I see. and if you were to boot FW 11.0 sysnand you'd boot using the SX payload like normal.
But what if you want to use the emunand? I know sx has a boot menu which I think has the option to choose emunand or sysnand. But im not sure you can use that.
Maybe you need to use atmosphere payload? or need to use hekate payload only? ( i prefer not to use hekate if possible)

That's up to you. As a bootloader on the Switch, I use Hekate. idk how the bootloader menu of SX is like to be able to give a proper guidance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate is a much better payload than the SX OS one. It can do everything SX OS' can do and so much more. There is no reason not to use it Hekate nowadays.

Reactions: KeoniAzugon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol