OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My DCs manufacture date is April 2000. I got Dreamshell to work. I got Utopia 1.1 to work (I think), but I can't get anything else to work. It just tells me to insert a game disc. When Utopia loads it says to insert a CD and no matter what I insert, nothing happens. I burned the CDI files with disc juggler a few different ways, based on a few different tutorials and it just isn't working for me. Sadly now I'm out of discs and have no idea when I can get more, but in the mean time, is there some kind of common issue I might have that I haven't read about yet? Oh, and I'm in the US with a US console. Games I tried so far: Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue, and Gameshark cdx.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you say your burnt the files off with disc juggler and you are using the utopia boot disc? try booting the games without the uptopia boot disc, if the game have 2 tracks they are self booting

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All Dreamcasts built before October 2000 (except for a few Japanese models) can play burnt games, regardless of whether or not you are using UTOPIA. Try booting just the games, if you fail at that, perhaps your Dreamcast needs a bit of cleaning.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to find selfbooting scene iso's like Phantasy_Star_Online_v2_USA_DC-ECHELON or Shenmue_USA_DC-KALISTO
also discjuggler is crazy old you can use imgburn nowadays.

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even better, ignore old scene releases and check out ReviveDC's work instead since their rips are fantastic. And yea, imgburn with discjuggler plugins are the way to go imo, never had a bad burn that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Be the free-est you can be. XD