gazte11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi,

I have working mame 2003 plus roms with A, B, C, D, E, F and G cores. But now i want to add A2, B2, C2, D2, E2, F2 and G2 cores. For example I try it with the rom Ajax and Asterix that goes on E2 core but it gives me black screen. How I have to set up the .ini or the plugins for this cores? I have wiiflow rhapsodii shima.

Thanks.

DaSkanker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you set up your magic numbers correctly?
In my wiiflow i have both core E and E2 going to the same button i set up for that core.
I also have separate buttons for the other arcade cores to
What i did was double up the plugin .Ini for core E then rename it E2 then change the magic number to anything else with a 8 diggit number letter mix not in use and then add that combo to my source meue.
The other important thing is that your cores work with which version of retroarch you are using.
RAHexaeco cores dont work within retroarch-wii from my testing.
Post automatically merged:

Also your roms will need to be in a seprate folder for your E2 roms and your plugins .Inc file for that core will need to be linked to that rom folder

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: try putting the game in the folder that should already exist: roms/MAME2003/coreE2. That might be enough for it to appear alongside the other mame arcade games and boot using coreE2.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to understand what's going on in order to make configuration changes.

[drive]:\wiiflow\plugins_data\platform.ini

This file needs to have each plugin listed, and defines magic numbers. If the one you want to use, E2, isn't already in here, it will need to be added. The magic number it is already assigned, or assigned by you, is the one that will need to be added to a source menu button, so that when that source menu button is pressed, the E2 games are (also) listed.

[drive]:\wiiflow\plugins

Somewhere in this parent directory, the plugin ini and actual plugin dol need to be placed. My MAME2003+ alt dols are at

[drive]:\wiiflow\plugins\Arcade\MAME_2003_plus\mame_alt_dols

and my plugin ini is at

[drive]:\wiiflow\plugins\Arcade\MAME_2003_plus\mameE2.ini

The plugin ini specifies the path to the dol, and the path to the relevant game files (for you, Asterix). Mine specifies for the game path:

romdir=roms/MAME2003/coreE2

My setup is configured so that games are on the hard drive while wiiflow and its plugins are on the SD card. Yours may be different (rompartition=)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch