E3 2022 to take place online-only due to COVID concerns

Schedule_web.jpg

E3 is going all-digital again this year, following concerns regarding COVID-19 cases increasing. The ESA confirmed to media outlets that E3 2022 will be following in the footsteps of last year's E3 by taking place purely through livestreams of press conferences. This is the third year in a row that COVID has impacted the annual event, with E3 having been entirely canceled in 2020. This change isn't likely to affect the press conferences themselves, as they're usually livestreamed to most viewers, though a digital event means less unique coverage of specific games from media outlets and individual attendees. Right now, another major trade show, CES 2022, is taking place as usual in Las Vegas despite the concerns of recent outbreaks. E3 2022 was initially planned to return to the Los Angeles Convention Center, according to a statement from the ESA last year, but whether or not we'll see a return to an in-person event for E3 conventions in the future remains to be seen.

:arrow: Source

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why don't attendees just get vaccinated? Problem solved.
Some people are allergic to vaccines, or are immunocompromised, or the vaccine isn't readily available in their area.
Not to mention those "vAcCiNeS cAuSe AuTiSm" and similar nutjobs who refuse to get vaccinated.

I've never been to an E3, nor do I care; it's just a bunch of unrepresentative trailers for games that may or may not be released in the next three years, a lot of which are just wholly uninteresting to me.

Reactions: Aerocool

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
covid doesn't exist you know?
IT'S A TRICK!! A TRICK!! JUST TO PUT A CHIP INSIDE YOU!!!
A TRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!
THE VACCINE IS A CHIP!!!!
A CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!
A chip by Bill Gates to install Windows on your brain to make you eat babies in pizzas and make you a mobile 5G antena to promote Huawei's 5G cancer and enable the Chinese-Venezuelan world domination lead by George Soros! 🤣
It's getting hard to keep track of all the nonsense.
Why don't attendees just get vaccinated? Problem solved.
Although vaccines can still save your life, Omnicron efficacy is lower, and a lot of vaccinated people are still ending up in the hospital.

Last edited by pustal,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
A chip by Bill Gates to install Windows on your brain to make you eat babies in pizzas and make you a mobile 5G antena to promote Huawei's 5G cancer and enable the Chinese-Venezuelan world domination lead by George Soros! 🤣
It's getting hard to keep track of all the nonsense.

Although vaccines can still save your life, Omnicron efficacy is lower, and a lot of vaccinated people are still ending up in the hospital.
Don't forget it makes you magnetic bro!!! 🤣

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I’m surprised they don’t just make it permanently digital only, at least for the press/public.

From what I’ve heard it’s mainly those looking to build up airmiles and devs/publishers hoping to build up connections that mainly benefit these days.

Just have a small physical presence for the latter and the rest can watch the trailers for the NFTs at home.

D

Deleted member 575334

COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID COVID
You just killed a man. 😂

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not surprised at all.
I am more surprised about the fact E3 is still a thing after being mediocre and worse every subsequent years since the last 4-5 years.

Honestly a online only event makes more sense.
I mean, the target audience is people who don't go outside in the first place.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watch the news about COVID is really annoying. That's why I watched the weather then change the channel. I hope next year is getting better but it seems slim. Sighing.

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may not be that the event was cancelled purely because of COVID restrictions on guests, but also because COVID severely impacts the possibility for E3 to be an event like it once was (lack of announcements because development delays, etc)

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Honestly, more events need to either stay online or go back to being online. Considering how rapidly Covid is still spreading the states, it seems we really rushed back into opening everything up.
Here in UAE COVID spread rapidly this month because of Expo 2020, and of course dumb people who keep going out carelessly.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Take a break from your video games and have a read on their web page...
...that is if you've any attention span left.
I know what you are referring to and know that it’s some garbage conspiracy theory.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what you are referring to and know that it’s some garbage conspiracy theory.

No, I am saying go to THEIR web page, not MINE, and read THEIR content with YOUR MIND.

Of course what this boils down to is you taking a quick skim, then say to your self,"yep he's suggesting this this and this" or "nothing strange here", and bail out, only to rush back here to make more smart ass, know it all comments.

All I hear is Bahhh, bahhh, give me more video games mommy!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, I am saying go to THEIR web page, not MINE, and read THEIR content with YOUR MIND.

Of course what this boils down to is you taking a quick skim, then say to your self,"yep he's suggesting this this and this" or "nothing strange here", and bail out, only to rush back here to make more smart ass, know it all comments.

All I hear is Bahhh, bahhh, give me more video games mommy!!!!
So what is the great reset and what is cult around it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Damn looks nice my finger does hurt right now actually +1