Early alpha build of Skate 4 leaks, EA tells fans to not download it

mdlsadm.png

EA is having trouble with a leak of its new, still-in-development Skate game. After having hosted a playtest of what the developers referred to as a "pre-pre-pre-alpha" build of the game, EA asked for fans to offer their input on the physics, animations, and level layouts. Given how early in development the studio considered this June 2022 build was, it might be shocking to hear that there was an alpha build from nearly a year ago--September 2021--and not only that, but that version has leaked online as well. EA responded to the leak by telling fans to not download it, warning that it would go against EA's terms of service.

We’re aware of an earlier version of the game that has been distributed without our authorization. This build is from September 2021 and was never intended for external use. While we understand you’re excited to get into the game, we encourage you to be careful when downloading files from unknown sources (and remind you of the potential consequences of breaking EA’s Terms of Service). The best way to get the chance to play is by signing up for skate. insider playtesting here as we continue to invite more and more players into the game throughout the year.

:arrow: Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What EA imagines will happen if you do

Anyway I will not be downloading but I am eager to see results from someone that did and if it is looking like something worthwhile (give or take them doing things like gating off splitscreen, something that was in the second game from day 0 and Tony Hawk for years and years before it, behind paid DLC again). Was a huge fan of Skate 2 and 3.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when Skate glitch compilations were all the rage on youtube. Here's to hoping the leaked build is a buggy mess.

I can sympathize with the developers not wanting early code to be previewed, but this is one of those things where no comment is probably better than a flaccid threat.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when Skate glitch compilations were all the rage on youtube. Here's to hoping the leaked build is a buggy mess.

I can sympathize with the developers not wanting early code to be previewed, but this is one of those things where no comment is probably better than a flaccid threat.
I wish I could find that glitch with the vending machine on Youtube. I never could find it again, it was so damn funny. :(

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Don't download it, but not because EA says so but because it's a waste of bandwidth to bother. Grabbed it when it leaked last week and quite frankly it's about as thrilling as any year old early alpha build of anything is: fun for all of 5 minutes, then not worth wasting time on anymore.

Nice for archivists who like this stuff, but not something you should actually bother playing. Just pirate the full release like I will ;O;

Reactions: Y0shII and r5xscn

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, nice try, EA. But your reverse Barbra Streissand psychology bullshit won't work.

I will NOT download or play your game, suckers. I'll be playing good stuff instead. MUHAHAHAAA! :D

... I don't quite follow the reasoning how I'll be following terms of use by not using it, but ey...

I'LL BE COMPLYING WITH YOUR TERMS OF USE AS WELL

fucking try to sue me on THAT, wiseguys.

• Haha
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival