Hardware "Early-Shipped" Nintendo Switch Systems Were Actually Stolen

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many lesson to be learned here (like don't do illegal shit and brag about), but if you even think about going into the grey areas on the internet. Have a reputable VPN!

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There are many lesson to be learned here (like don't do illegal shit and brag about), but if you even think about going into the grey areas on the internet. Have a reputable VPN!
But CFW tho
Entitlement too
Lessons aren't necessarily learned here in the temp
You should know them before posting kappa
Also
>VPN

Reactions: thorasgar

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think getting something early, is enough of a reason alone to lose an item without even getting money back.
You're only guaranteed an item or your money back if you purchase from a retailer. You're suggesting people should be able to get refunds on drugs and other non-legal merchandise? I guess if the dealers start giving out receipts...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're only guaranteed an item or your money back if you purchase from a retailer. You're suggesting people should be able to get refunds on drugs and other non-legal merchandise? I guess if the dealers start giving out receipts...
I know some people are on the Switch like it is a drug, but itself isn't actually illegal. Other words, that comparison is nonsensical. Even well know stores like Gamestop release stuff early sometimes, so it is reasonable to think a store was just releasing them early.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know some people are on the Switch like it is a drug, but itself isn't actually illegal. Other words, that comparison is nonsensical. Even well know stores like Gamestop release stuff early sometimes, so it is reasonable to think a store was just releasing them early.
The leaker bought a Switch from a guy who stole it. Which is why he was willing to send it back, as well; he knew it was stolen. Thus illegal merchandise.

Last edited by Xzi,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The leaker bought a Switch from a guy who stole it. Which is why he was willing to send it back, as well; he knew it was stolen. Thus illegal merchandise.
While I didn't know that, knowing something was stolen and still buying it, is still not that same as, "you got your stuff early, so you should get you money and item taken away".

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
While I didn't know that, knowing something was stolen and still buying it, is still not that same as, "you got your stuff early, so you should get you money and item taken away".
His money was taken away by some guy, not Nintendo and not a retailer. Also nobody took his Switch, he voluntarily gave it up. If he didn't want to be pressured to give it up, then all he had to do was not post about it on the internet, and certainly not show its serial number.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His money was taken away by some guy, not Nintendo and not a retailer. Also nobody took his Switch, he voluntarily gave it up. If he didn't want to be pressured to give it up, then all he had to do was not post about it on the internet, and certainly not show its serial number.
The serial number likely got the original perps nabbed and maybe they ratted him out or his IP or other posting history outed him and then he ratted them out. We will probably never know for sure.

Anyway, he got his 15 minutes of fame. :rofl2:

Reactions: Xzi

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe the buyer(who got the Switch early) knew that the system was stolen. Why would anyone post videos which he knows for sure will explode, knowing that he obtained the system illegally ?It's like robbing a bank and then posting videos of yourself bragging about the stolen goods.

Welcome to the future. Brought to you by your fifteen-minute-fame-hub, Youtube.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it amazes me just how stupid today's gen really is. lets rob a bank and put it on YT. what a bunch of brain dead Millennials. there's a bunch of retards here doing something similar too. they are stealing cars than posting on facebook about it. the cops are slowly getting them :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think getting something early, is enough of a reason alone to lose an item without even getting money back.

Let me say this once again since you didn't get it... IT WAS STOLEN MERCHANDISE...

Knowingly buying stolen goods it is a crime and you can face criminal charges for it, it is not because he "received it early"...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why I didn't commented any farther, because you guys are missing the point.

We establish he bought something he knew it was stolen. I'm saying, if he bought it without knowing it was stolen, he shouldn't get penalized for it. He, himself, didn't actually steal anything. You are only brushing that off so easily, because it didn't happen to you. You aren't the one whose money and item got taken.

1) The guy who bought it must have known the system isn't realised until march 3rd.
Even well know stores like Gamestop release stuff early sometimes, so it is reasonable to think a store was just releasing them early.
Just to reestablish my point.

Last edited by KingVamp,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the people saying that the guy who bought it from the thief should get his money back or a new unit from Nintendo on march 3rd are living in wonderland... Let me tell you how things don't add up...

1) The guy who bought it must have known the system isn't realised until march 3rd.

2) He must have paid cash to the guy who stole it since I don't think the thief accepts debit/credit cards as payment for things he stole :glare::glare::glare:

3) The guy who sold it didn't give him a receipt... But yeah, must be a legit retailer sale right :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...

4) He decided to make a video unboxing it and post it on the internet as soon as he gor it to get attention.

But a lot people seem to think he didn't know it was stolen and it is somehow unfair for him to not get a refund or a new unit from nintendo...

How many red flags were there that the system was stolen again? Knowinly buying and/or having strong suspicion that somethimg may be stolen and still buying it, IS ILLEGAL.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KingVamp Early releade by a month? Early releases are a day or two tops... Not half a month away...

But let's assume he somehow legitly thought the reatil chain/worker were releasing this system early.

He still paid cash and got no receipt whatsoever... How can you find a reasoning on his side behind that? When I buy something that is worth hundreds of dollars from a retailer I make sure to get a receipt in case it breaks a week/month later.

There was several red flags that this is stolen merchandise, not just the early release one...

You are being way too naive here, the guy clearly knew what he was doing.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1