Editing Posts and Notifications

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello,

I have a question. If I make a post and forget to quote/mention someone in this post, does that user get a notification if the quote/mention is retroactivly inserted into the post via edit? If not, what is a good practice to make sure the quoted/mentioned user gets a notification?

Thanks in advance!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, is it good practice to make another post in that case?
yeah, I think so. I double and triple post quite a bit, but it's usually when I have something important to say. if I forget to mention someone or fear that my post will be buried, I do mention the person in a subsequent post and mention the post number that I want them to read or see. I've never seen a site where mentions worked with edits actually, so it may not be possible.

Reactions: Creamu

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
yeah, I think so. I double and triple post quite a bit, but it's usually when I have something important to say. if I forget to mention someone or fear that my post will be buried, I do mention the person in a subsequent post and mention the post number that I want them to read or see. I've never seen a site where mentions worked with edits actually, so it may not be possible.
Thank you very much.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1