Elden Ring PC system requirements announced

maxresdefault.jpg

FromSoftware's highly anticipated new game, Elden Ring, is out in only ten days, and publisher Bandai Namco has just announced the system requirements. The minimum system requirements are beefier than expected, especially considering the game will also be releasing on previous-generation consoles, with PC players needing 12GB of RAM to run the game, plus either an Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580 and either a Intel Core i5-8400 or an AMD Ryzen 3 3300X. The full specs can be seen below:

Elden Ring minimum requirements​

• Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
  • Memory: 12GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 3GB | AMD Radeon RX 580, 4GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12.0)
  • Storage: 60GB
  • Sound Card: Windows-compatible audio device

Elden Ring recommended specifications​

• Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K | AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Memory: 16GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 8GB | AMD Radeon RX Vega 56, 8GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12.0)
  • Storage: 60 GB
  • Sound Card: Windows-compatible audio device
FLo3UV2XIAYoYtU.jpg
:arrow: Source

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah uh no
look not knocking elden ring, the game looks good but minimum specs should be a 970 at most. there's no reason we should need a FUCKING 1060 just for minimum. are 9th gen games really THAT much more demanding???? It's a problem with all the PC ports i see, god of war, dying light 2, horizon zero dawn, FF7R and now this shit. like yeesh. I must be an old man because back in 2017 games never needed this much hardware for minimum requirements. shit was like a gtx 670 minimum

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Not surprised. One only has to look at the lighting/shadows in this game to know that it's not that demanding on the GPU. The game might be good in terms of RPG mechanics, but the graphics/lighting looks like something from a game 10 years ago.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow they took these same requirements down a couple times previously, really surprised at the minimums given this game has to run on base PS4/XB1. Oh well, my rig is certainly still up to the task.

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow they took these same requirements down a couple times previously, really surprised at the minimums given this game has to run on base PS4/XB1. Oh well, my rig is certainly still up to the task.
i honestly hope 2022 is the last year where a good chunk of games are cross gen. Imagine if base xbone and ps4 were supported up to 2024....:unsure:
and the "we can't get a next gen console" excuse doesn't really work anymore seeing as how you can easily pick up a series S for 300 in amazon- they're not out of stock either

Reactions: Xzi

ADMZ01

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ahhh elden ring, Played the network test on my original first gen PS4 was surprised it could handle it, for me it also performed well enough even , but of course if compared to next gen that would be a far cry, no pun intended,

anyway ,The PC requirement is indeed quite tame rather than the other "modern" games out there i mean GPU wise it is but welp had to wait for actual performance test, all in all never had bad experience with fromsoft on the pc platform before except for (k/b mouse control which i couldn't careless) so yeah i'm mostly positive.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i honestly hope 2022 is the last year where a good chunk of games are cross gen. Imagine if base xbone and ps4 were supported up to 2024....:unsure:
I think 2024 does actually sound about right for more AAA games starting to go next-gen exclusive, as a lot of them would've started development around 2019.

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think 2024 does actually sound about right for more AAA games starting to go next-gen exclusive, as a lot of them would've started development around 2019.
dude, 2024 is like, half of the entire 9th gen lifespan. at this point it's basically just another "pro" console

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dude, 2024 is like, half of the entire 9th gen lifespan. at this point it's basically just another "pro" console
That's just the nature of development cycles now, four years is considered very quick for getting AAA games out the door. Especially if you want them to be complete and relatively bug-free at launch.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
damn bro, didn't know a potato was a 600 buck PC
i guess that explains why ireland had such a shortage of them back in the day

i'd go pillaging fields for less than that

Reactions: Xzi

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if I misunderstood. Can you explain though, how this specific game would be more of a hassle on PC than console? :)
well besides the obvious of there being a more likely possibility of errors, it's also the fact that at minimum the port requires a $600 pc to run. granted, if you're buying elden ring on PC, you probably already have a decent PC to begin with, but still. people running 1050tis and rx 480s are basically left to get fucked

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well besides the obvious of there being a more likely possibility of errors, it's also the fact that at minimum the port requires a $600 pc to run. granted, if you're buying elden ring on PC, you probably already have a decent PC to begin with, but still. people running 1050tis and rx 480s are basically left to get fucked
Minimum requirements are the minimum specs necessary to guarantee a good experience with the game. They're not the bare minimum specs necessary to run it at all. I'd expect a 1050ti to manage 30+ FPS with the right settings in Elden Ring. I personally wouldn't want to play that way, but it's better than a kick in the ass at least.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
BUT WILL IT PLAY ON STEAM DECK!
Yes. It's asking for 12 GB of RAM and 3 GB of VRAM, Steam Deck has 16GB of DDR5 shared between compute and graphics. Not to mention these are almost certainly the minimums for 1080p, where Steam Deck will be running it 720p or 800p.

I wish we would get actuall benchmarks instead of this requiements bullshit.

"hey you will be able to run the game with this hardware... at 20 fps but you will be able to run it!"
Guess I have to wait for the real benchmarks to see if my 1070 will actually be good enough to run this at atleast 60 fps.
A GTX 1070 is recommended, you'll 100% be fine running at 60 FPS, 1080p. I expect my GTX 1080ti will have no issue managing the same frame rate in 1440p.

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: