emuiibo - MitM'ing NFP services for Amiibo emulation

Hi everyone!

I noticed there was a project called switch-nfp-mitm, which had lots of forks, but none of them properly working (people reported it barely worked, and with some games), thus I decided to try to fix it, or to improve it as much as I could. Well, the results were that good, that I've just managed to get it working perfectly, even with a nice system of combos for Amiibo swapping, in just 2 days.

So, well, here's the result:

emuiibo

emuiibo is a virtual amiibo (amiibo emulation) system for Nintendo Switch!

It consists on a background process (and service), which intercepts Nintendo Switch's internal NFC/NFP services to support virtual amiibo emulation, plus an overlay to easily control it.

Have fun playing around with custom virtual amiibos!

Last edited by XorTroll,

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by [Truth],

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Latest Dev build from yesterday from XorTrolls Discord.
https://discord.com/channels/472179996857860096/771036774448496661/1101893370319732928
https://discord.gg/JrdQX42x

new emuiibo build, changes in overlay:
- fixed bad layout, now amiibo images are properly scaled and dont get rendered over other stuff
- moved the "available amiibos" item below (it was previously hidden and one had to scroll down the top menu to see it)
Doesn't work for me - it's says the game is not intercepted, I tried captain toad treasure tracker - this game used to work fine.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Latest Dev build from yesterday from XorTrolls Discord.
https://discord.com/channels/472179996857860096/771036774448496661/1101893370319732928
https://discord.gg/JrdQX42x

new emuiibo build, changes in overlay:
- fixed bad layout, now amiibo images are properly scaled and dont get rendered over other stuff
- moved the "available amiibos" item below (it was previously hidden and one had to scroll down the top menu to see it)
It works but...

If i use amiibo in game, lets say, botw, it's fine for 1st one.

When i Load tesla menu screen again and try to load a second amiibo, console freezes.

I'm on fw 16.0.2.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XorTroll implemented a workflow for emuiibo github to automatically compile every new commit.

So to download the newest version (you need a GitHub Account):

Error: "Game is not intercepted" in overlay.
Solution: Turn "emulation status" on in overlay BEFORE starting the game.

Error: Overlay crashes randomly.
Solution: Update Tesla! Get nx-ovlloader and ovlmenu.ovl from here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/post-10147875

Last edited by [Truth],

ZordonAlfa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey bros I haven't used Emuiibo in a reaaaally long time and I think I'm forgetting to do something because even when I place the .bin files on it's respective folder emuiibo doesn't recognize them but the ones I had previously (mainly Animal Crossing ones and some smash ones) work without issues, what could be the problem?

NemesiSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
now used the last version of all, but this is the "error"

switch emuiibo error.jpg

idk, i can use the emuiibo in version 15.00 but not now in version 16.02... I only need the emuiibo for Zelda TOTK D:

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those who still have issues with the new release, don't forget to update Tesla menu to its latest release as well!

(it's been a while since I post here, but it looks like you guys have been already commenting everything I've done ;))
I hope you are doing well.

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi all. I'm very new with this homebrew. thanks @XorTroll for this. it works like a charm.
I do have a question, does anyone care to explain how to add new amiibo to the emutool? or point me to a post that explains it?

thanks in advance!

edit: actually, upon checking it again, it seems emutool uses database that contains the latest amiibo release from Amiibo database spreadsheet in google drive from AmiiboAPI, so all is well. I don't need to add anything. it's all in there :)

Last edited by arabtm,
Reactions: nickric

nickric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who still have issues with the new release, don't forget to update Tesla menu to its latest release as well!

(it's been a while since I post here, but it looks like you guys have been already commenting everything I've done ;))
Working great in TOTK on 16.0 . Great timing on this release for Zelda :) Thanks for your hard work.

Reactions: arabtm

spkatsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
IMG_20230515_214348.jpg

This funny bug is occurring to me as in screenshot
- Emuiibo 1.0.0
- Erista model
- Atmosphere 1.5.3 (not the latest bet release)
- updated Tesla
- Playing Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes

All I did was to favorite all Fire Emblem amiibos and then also favorite all Fire Emblem characters from Smash series.

Every time I use a Virtual Amiibo, then a new copy of "Alm" appears in my favorite list.
I got 15 "Alms" now!

Also, not related to the bug:
1) How do I "unfavorite" an Amiibo?
2) How can I sort Amiibos the way they were sorted before Emuiibo 1.0.0 release?
(By ID instead of Alphabetically, not helpful when it comes to Smash Bros series amiibos)

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to use this in TOTK after updating and downloading everything but keep getting the current game is not intercepted, am I doing something wrong or am I missing something due to me being dumb

nevermind I'm compelely dumb and forgot to enable emuiibo before booting the game like with BOTW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...